Any gastric sleeve peeps out there

Options
I just recently had the sleeve and would love to hear what has worked for you

Replies

• garayjoh
    garayjoh Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First off, CONGRATS!

Yea, I was sleeved May 13th 2014. I am down 118lbs. Just keep it simple, listen to your body, and do all you can to stay active. Break the cycle of where you would binge eat. Instead of watching tv on the couch, workout while you watch your shows. My elliptical sits in front of the screen where I watch my shows.

As for eating, keep it simple, adhere to the protein intake needs your doctor specified. Use Almond milk infused with coconut to make delicious protein shakes. That will now fill you up like a thanksgiving meal. Eat something every 2-3 hours and take your vitamins. I am serious on the protein/vitamins. If you don't, prepare to have your hair thin out.

After your six weeks, when you start to introduce semi solid foods, realize that you have to chew to the consistency of baby food. Trust me on this. Its a small price to pay, and it will become second nature, but it will make a world of difference. I don't deny myself anything. If I want a beer, I have one, if I want a snickers bar, I have one, I am just straight up real with my calories, and I keep myself in a deficit no matter what. I also do not eat excessive. The minute I feel I am anywhere near full, I STOP! IF not, your food will make a second appearance. After you experience it once, you will understand.

This is the best thing I have EVER done, next to wising up and marrying my wife! GOod luck on your journey, feel free to friend me, I keep my food journal open. Also, get your self an activity tracker with heart rate monitor. It will make keeping track of your daily caloric burn easier. Christmas is right around the corner. I use the Polar Loop & Polar H7 heart rate monitor.

Stay Focused, and welcome to the sleeved community!
  • ReginaKeat
    ReginaKeat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try the following groups for information, they worked for me
    Gastric ByPass/VSG/LapBand
    VSGers