Losing weight in NJ

Options
Hi everyone my name is Jose. I'm 5'11" and was weighting in at 260 lbs. I've been doing MFP for four and half months. I have successfully dropped 42 lbs so far. I now weight in at 218lb I still have another 28 lbs to go to my ideal weight.
When I started MYP it was to lose some but it became more then that now. It has become a way of life now for me. I just joined the gym to further enhance my body's apperence.
With two newborn twins and a 4yr I had to do something to be able to keep up with them. Here's some pics of when I started and my fourth month pic.
mfyus0ros1vc.jpg
pw5u57az45b7.jpg

Replies

• CatK15
    CatK15 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great Job and a good inspiration!! Sounds like you have your hands full with your kids. I have 4 grandkids that are motivating me. Feel free to add me, I could use all the support and motivation I can get :)
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic man. Sounds like we have been down similar paths. I started at 245, have lost about 50 pounds and still need to lose another 20 or so. Just didn't have the time for the gym so I start doing P90X. I love that and can get it done in 30 minutes in the morning.

Keep up the awesome work!!
  • jose7878mfp
    jose7878mfp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    CatK15 wrote: »
    Great Job and a good inspiration!! Sounds like you have your hands full with your kids. I have 4 grandkids that are motivating me. Feel free to add me, I could use all the support and motivation I can get :)

Hi CatK. Yes my hand is kinda full right now with the 4 yr old. But for my twins boys their only 2 months old so their not much of a hand full yet. But give it time they will be. So I'm getting ready for that time. Enjoy those grandkids they are worth the push for better health. They should be your motivation. The members here should be your support.
  • jose7878mfp
    Options
    That's fantastic man. Sounds like we have been down similar paths. I started at 245, have lost about 50 pounds and still need to lose another 20 or so. Just didn't have the time for the gym so I start doing P90X. I love that and can get it done in 30 minutes in the morning.

Keep up the awesome work!!

Thanks for the Support. Sounds like were in the same boat. I was doing P90X but lost interest. But I should start doing it again for the cardio. You might've just inspired me to do the P90X again.
  • jose7878mfp
    Options
    Here's my 5th month pic.
    ptf7iobia0cq.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Good job man!!! Congrats on the progress!!!

What exit are you?
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Aww cute baby feet tatts!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Jersey girl living in Florida:
    I know first hand to lose weight in N.J is a big deal! (WaWa,Diners,Stewarts root beer,Gaetano's....yum yum)Good for you!
  • jose7878mfp
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

What exit are you?

Thanks. I'm actually live in Hammonton ,nj
  • jose7878mfp
    Options
    Aww cute baby feet tatts!

Thanks they belong to my 4yr old daughter. I have to add 2 more sets of feet for my twin boys that are 2 months old.
  • jose7878mfp
    Options
    Jersey girl living in Florida:
    I know first hand to lose weight in N.J is a big deal! (WaWa,Diners,Stewarts root beer,Gaetano's....yum yum)Good for you!
    Very easy to access junk food.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    your smoking hot!, way to go!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Great job fellow jersey guy! :)
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yo, Bergen County now formerly from Newark
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yo, Bergen County now formerly from Newark

Yeah, Bergen County!

• Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Good job! GO JERSEY!
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Excellent stuff my friend. This kids will get more and more of a handful as time passes. You will need the energy.

CT here, but on a similar path, 3 months in, 35lbs down from a start of 330. I am starting to do more in the gym 5x5 stronglifts seems to suit me. I also walk/run most days. Lets give it up for the guys.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

What exit are you?

Thanks. I'm actually live in Hammonton ,nj

LOL- I'm roughly a Trenton peeopls.
    - Nice area out there. Always like driving through!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!! Congrats from Ocean county

• jose7878mfp
    Options
    ntw25 wrote: »
    Excellent stuff my friend. This kids will get more and more of a handful as time passes. You will need the energy.

CT here, but on a similar path, 3 months in, 35lbs down from a start of 330. I am starting to do more in the gym 5x5 stronglifts seems to suit me. I also walk/run most days. Lets give it up for the guys.

Good job. Keep up the good work. Believe me the hard work will payoff.