Favorite Salad Dressing?

Options
I am going to the store later and was looking for suggestions on salad dressing. What do you put on your salad? Please no "eat it dry" or "lemon juice" suggestions. I think that is gross.

Thanks!

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar is always my go to. You can infuse herbs, garlic and sundried tomatoes in the oil as well to make it extra tasty
  • jlevy129
    Options
    I recently found Bolthouse Farms dressings, made with Greek Yogurt. They have several flavors but I prefer Ranch so I got the Peppercorn Ranch and it was tasty. 40 calories for 2 Tablespoons!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kraft, Fat-Free, Italian. It's much too salty, though. Salt is the overriding flavor, for sure.

Sometimes, I throw previously-frozen fruit in. That stuff is really juicy and the juices kind of act as a dressing - no extra calories, no salt. :)

I'm thinking about trying some of those Mrs. Dash recipes.
  • joaniegray
    joaniegray Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice, 1 tbsp maple syrup - shake well - (or 1 tbsp lemon with 1 tsp honey_ use sparingly on your dressing, say 1 to 2 teaspoons.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Annie's Low Fat Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, it's light and just sweet enough for me. I use 1-2 tbsp depending on how big my salad is and it's something like 70-Calories period.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I try and make my own dressings every week. Usually ranch and balsamic vinaigrette. I made a yummy avocado dressing a few weeks ago. Really easy to throw together. As far as store bought dressings, I bought a Cilantro Avocado dressing from Bolthouse that was very yummy. Also, there is an all natural brand called Tessamae (its in the refrigerated section of produce). I have tried the Zesty Ranch flavor. Yum!
  • d6melanie
    d6melanie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I make my own. I start with homemade mayo (it's basically an egg and avocado oil, lime juice, and mustard powder) and then I add things, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, etc... there are a ton of good recipes out there. I basically want a salad dressing with no sweetener and no preservatives.
  • teecee60
    teecee60 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have found that the Olive Garden Light Italian is really good and very low in calories and fat. I often only need one tablespoon for my salads which further cuts down on calories!

su10zst1p382.jpg
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I cannot remember the brand and I'm not at home....but I just got a white balsamic honey dressing (it's in a glass bottle) and it's delicious.
  • DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms, because its a slippery slope when you start using other brands (calorie wise)
  • blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    These all sound great! Thanks for the suggestion. I am going to have see what is available at my stores from all the suggestions
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Annie's Organic Light Goddess Dressing. I can't drink that *kitten* right from the bottle :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Caesar Parmisan is my all time favorite!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    jlevy129 wrote: »
    I recently found Bolthouse Farms dressings, made with Greek Yogurt. They have several flavors but I prefer Ranch so I got the Peppercorn Ranch and it was tasty. 40 calories for 2 Tablespoons!!

I second this...but while it tastes fine, I find it a bit "thin." Another good one is Litehouse OPA Greek Yogurt Dressing. I love the Feta Dill and the Blue Cheese. (not a ranch fan)
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    teecee60 wrote: »
    I have found that the Olive Garden Light Italian is really good and very low in calories and fat. I often only need one tablespoon for my salads which further cuts down on calories!

su10zst1p382.jpg

^This....amazing stuff!
  • jagi410
    jagi410 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Salsa! Adds extra veggies, tons of flavor, and very few calories.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    girard's Champagne Dressing.

It's like a bump of coke straight to your tastebuds.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i also love salsa,and if you live near trader joes- buy their bruschetta on your salad, its a game changer
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Anything Kraft Calorie Wise or Fat Free
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Paul Newman makes a light lemon Italian that is very good. I usually just use EVOO, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar.