Choosing a workout T25, p90x 1/2/3, insanity, or jillian michaels 30 day shred, best for weight loss

Options
I am a 30 year old female who is 5 "2 and currently weighs 142 lbs. I would like to lose 20-25 lbs, I am aware that I will need to eat healthy and count calories, but would like to know which of these programs seem to work best for women and any recommendations?

Thank you

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I think it comes down to what type of personality you like. Out of all of the coaches mentioned, I prefer Shaun T (T25/Insanity). He's friendly, motivating, but can be tough and push you. I personally would start with T25, but that's because I saw success with it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them as long as you commit to doing the workouts.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Not to sound flip, but the one you like best. Creating a calorie deficiet and getting a good mix of cardio and strength training is the best way to loose weight. Right now the important thing is that you establish a routine you will stick with and that means picking something you like doing. Chose the workout program you enjoy doing and you are more likely to stay with it for the long haul. Once you have made working out a part of your everyday routine you can go and fine tune your workouts.
  • brookelynn_30
    Options
    I struggle with the healthy eating part in the past, everyone tells me different things so I get lost on what I should eat. I need well balanced meals but within a calorie goal.. I am planning on eating 6 times a day which I think will help keep me from getting hungry ... but I am wondering if I should cut out sugar, I have co workers that have lost quickly with that .... and i tried t25 yesterday and liked it ,,, it was intense!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    None of the above.

Calorie deficit = Weight loss
    Cardio = Good for the heart and aids in weight loss
    Resistance training = Maintaining LBM so the weight you lose is mostly fat (hopefully) also aids in weight loss

• brookelynn_30
    Options
    Thank you !
  • KristyAnn81
    KristyAnn81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity and Turbo Fire. It really depends on what you are looking for. Turbo Fire is more of an intense, fast paced, fun, energetic work out and Insanity is more intense and like athletic drills.

Good luck on your journey! Add me for support, if you wish. Anyone!
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I like T25 but you could always try Fitness blender. They have tons of free workouts on Youtube...
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I prefer Jillian Michaels workouts. I like her style and her routines are do-able. I remember watching T25 and having to re-play sections cos I could coordinate my body to do the moves!

So as you can see from all the above posts, it comes down to personal preference.
  • brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love anything to do with Jillian Michaels. I can't really say anything about the weight loss because even though I do her workouts, I'm not trying to lose weight. Therefore, I haven't. :) But they're really great workouts! I started with 30 Day Shred and now I'm on Ripped in 30. I have lost some inches, though!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am a 30 year old female who is 5 "2 and currently weighs 142 lbs. I would like to lose 20-25 lbs, I am aware that I will need to eat healthy and count calories, but would like to know which of these programs seem to work best for women and any recommendations?

Thank you

I loved insanity and p90x3
  • chy82
    chy82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on my last week of T25 and I loved it. If there is a move you don't feel you can do, they have a modifier (Tanya) who does low impact modifications. They are intense workouts but with the alpha, beta, and gamma rounds you will not get bored with them either. You do alpha for 5 weeks. Beta for 5 weeks and then gamma which can be sold with or separately for 5 weeks.

I have seen major changes in my body.
  • chy82
    chy82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    None of the above.

Calorie deficit = Weight loss
    Cardio = Good for the heart and aids in weight loss
    Resistance training = Maintaining LBM so the weight you lose is mostly fat (hopefully) also aids in weight loss

Are you familiar with any of the programs above? I know T25, P90X, and Insanity have a ton of cardio work. And T25 and P90X both utilize weights as well. I don't know about the others.
  • Esco5556
    Esco5556 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I owe my weight loss success (70 lbs in 6 months) to HIIT. High intensity interval training. Oh and eating at a calorie deficit. I do 60 min of hit at least 4 days per week. Basically go as hard as you can for 1 min then rest for 2 min..... Then repeat. It works!