Has anyone seen my mojo?

Options
I've lost it, if found please return. reward given!

In all seriousness I'm looking for some new pals who are in the same kind of place I am. I'm logging and and supporting others, but I seem to have stopped supporting myself. I had a shoulder op in the summer and haven't done anything since, and if i'm being honest, I need a kick up the backside as I just can't seem to get back on track. I know what I need to do but for the first time I'm really struggling with the motivation.

So if you can help, please feel free to add me, You'll get my full commitment and support back!

But either way, have a nice day!

Replies

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Dude, change it up! I noticed you are spending some quality time on the elliptical, why not hit the weights, go for a walk, something different to keep you going. Use this time in the beginning to really understand what motivates you to keep moving. I was on the elliptical in my basement, till it got sooooo boring. I finally got a membership at the local rec center and started to lift, and it has got me feeling good about me.

Yes every teenage punk in there that is half my size is out lifting me, but when I was their age I was out lifting all the old guys too. Be proud of where you are, that your doing something about it.

If you quit on yourself now, in six months, you will be quitting on yourself again. Why not just get through the 6 months and be proud of the 5 - 30 lbs you could have lost?

Now. If possible, get up from the computer and go walk. Hit the stairs, go walk around the building, where ever you are just do it now, then come back and help someone else!

Stay at it, let's see the fit guy at the end!

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Good advice from shadowloss! I was just going to say, don't waste time looking for your mojo. Just get on with what you know you need to do and it will return when you least expect it.
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Confucius says, "Mojo hangs out with those who lift, not those who linger." Grab some weights, set some goals, and mojo will hang out with you.

I am 43, I started going to the gym with my teenage sons 5 weeks ago. I used to bench 500 back in the good old days. When I started back, I was 225 for 5 reps and gave myself an excruciating exersion headache. So, take it easy getting started, again. Now, I am at 305x10 reps. Mojos back. Today, is leg day. I can't wait! I am losing fat and putting on muscle, and I feel good. I smell a competition, someday. Maybe I can compete in my age group, anyway. LOL. Go lift and mojo will come to you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I FOUND IT!!!

It's waiting 11 minutes into your next workout.
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    ^ +1
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I found your mojo in that HIIT workout I did this morning. Find what you love and do that!
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I found it... It was on holiday, will pick it up from the airport!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You just have to suck it up and prepare to put the effort in. Slowly slowly catchy monkey! Feel free to add me if you like. Love the support of my current friends and can always do with more.