Anyone with triple digit goals?

Options
Hi, my name is Caitlin and I've been using MFP for several months now. I've struggled with weight all my life but have never made a conscious effort to change it until now. Even though I'm only 24 I'm prediabetic, with high blood pressure and rising cholesterol. I've decided to take steps to change that, and ultimately have set a drastic goal for myself of 125 pounds.

I'm in it for the long haul, I know that that kind of weight won't drop off quickly and it won't stay off unless I keep at it. I'm prepared for a full lifestyle change.

Is there anyone else out there with a goal of 100 or more to lose? Anyone who had that goal but is past the first hump? I'd love to hear some uplifting stories and make some new friends.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Me. My goal is 133. I've lost 110 so far...only 23 to go to be under 200lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    My goal is exactly 100, and I am a quarter of the way through. I have to keep telling myself that I didn't gain all the weight overnight and I am not going to lose it overnight. The goals/milestones I set for myself have nothing to do with the # I see on the scale or lab results. Being able to bend over and tie my shoes instead of kneeling down. Running a 15 minute mile, then a 14, then a 13, etc. Having to buy new jeans is a big one for me, can't wait for that one. If I am doing everything I can to get to those milestones, the triple digits will come. I refuse to be a slave to the scale, even though I do check it frequently.
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My goal is 200 lbs. I've already lost 78 lbs, but I still have 122 lbs to go.
  • pgilly81
    pgilly81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at a minimum of 100 to lose. Started November 1. its tough but doable. hey if it were easy, everyone would be doing it! ;)
  • lavagirlangie
    lavagirlangie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I started in September and I have 115 to lose to be the 125 that is right for my height. so far I've lost 6 lbs each month and and I feel better. A nutritionist is helping me. I thought I knew a lot about the body and food and medicine. Hah! She has really opened my eyes. This is fun. Kind of a game I play with myself to make the numbers (I'm diabetic) come out right. The most important thing for me is logging every bite and drink. The second most important thing is shopping. I feel a little guilty buying things for myself but you know it has to be way cheaper than even 1 doctor visit. It's a good thing that you've made this change so young. Your skin will be more elastic. I'm 65 and I think that won't happen for me. Best wishes on your journey.
  • Michifan
    Michifan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    120 pounds to lose, at 69 after 3 months. Plan on hitting the century mark in the first few weeks of 2014 and goal +/- Valentine's Day. Once you get so far, it's just a matter of patience and results - it's just living the new life...
  • ahende3
    ahende3 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose at least 85, but would ideally lose 125. I hope people add me because I need a lot of support!!
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've lost 76 lbs out of about 120lbs to lose... Its taken me one year and a couple of months to lose the 76lbs.. but I wanted to do it right and not fast. Fast is not going to stay off, in my eyes. Goodl uck and feel free to Friend me.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Me me me!! Just barely, but I'm shooting for 102. It may go lower when I get there, but for right now that's my goal. I've lost 21 lbs so far. I've picked up running, and I work out 3-4 times a week. You can add me, but I will message you if you don't log in for 5 days.
  • tattooedminx
    tattooedminx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have 120 lbs to lose to reach my weight-loss goal (not set in stone). I only weigh myself once a month so not sure if I have lost any yet.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    My goal is at least 165 pounds, 52 down so far!

Sounds like you have the right attitude, long term sustainability is much better than fast & crash! With this much to lose, just remember to celebrate every single pound lost!
  • ZenFitGuy
    ZenFitGuy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is to drop 116 pounds. I have lost 27 so far in the past two months. Not every day has been perfect, but I am still making progress.
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My goal is 150 lbs. Feel free to add me. :)
  • barlowcait
    Options
    I've been using MFP but not consistently, I think that was my main problem for the first few months. But when I started exploring the community it helped make the decision for me to be better about it. Haven't started exercising yet, my knees are pretty bad because of the weight problems, but calorie deficit has been easier than I thought it would be.

It's so good to know that I'm not the only one looking to lose a LOT of weight, and that those that are have been successful so far. Congrats to everyone making it part of the way through!
  • tryingtogethhealthy2015
    Options
    hi I had a goal of 143. I had lost 80 but gain back 30 ;( but I am trying to get back on track. Its a slow process but I am determined to lose the rest.
  • redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My initial goal is losing 125 lbs. Already lost 88 of them, 37 more to go! Though once I reach that first goal I may re-evaluate and set a lower goal.
  • seniorbug2003
    seniorbug2003 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 100 lbs. I am down about 55lb. It has taken me a long time about 18 months to get down this far. I like the slower process because then it is less of a change to my routine it is something I can actually keep with. As time goes on I am getting bolder in the changes I am willing to make.

Good luck!! Enjoy the ride it is still life after all.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    My goal amount to lose is 135lbs from 320lbs to 185lbs. I've so far lost 70lbs, but have been slacking for a couple weeks so hopefully I can kickstart it again.

I'm not prediabetic but I've been big for a lot of my life, and I really just want to be healthy - genetics is not on my side with this, either, as a lot of my family is bigger. I'm pretty tall at 5'9 for a girl and I do not have a petite frame, so I'm not sure what I'll look like at 185lbs or if I'll even like it but that's the goal for now and it may be revised at a later date.

Feel free to add me, or message me if you ever need to chat :) I'm always here and I wish you the best of luck - you've got this as long as you really want it, keep wanting it!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    As of right now my goal is to lose 124-ish. I've lost close to 32 as of right now. My cholesterol is a little high but the main reason I'm doing it is to feel better in my own skin. I'm similar to acorsaut89 above, same height and large frame, and I set my goal at 170 for now with the mindset that I may end up higher (or even lower) and that's okay. It all depends on my health at that point.

If anyone on here wants to add me, please do!
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Would love more friends in this boat. I'm a little more than 1/3 of the way to the goal of 112 lb loss. I'm happy to have gotten into a healthier eating pattern, logging every day on MFP and making friends to give/receive support.

Anyone looking for more buddies - feel free to add me too. :)