Silly Q re: 30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing her Body Revolution and will finish up next month. I want to try 30day Shred as my next routine. What I am reading is that basically it can be done at with your own schedule with consistency without soreness.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I did it like 3 years ago, then again after my 4th baby. I read an article quite some time ago about doing it consecutively so that's how I did it. Don't remember 1st time but most recently lost 8 inches and 6 pounds in the 30 days (not overweight to start)
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to do 30 days of level 1 with occasional rest days (per your advice), then 30 days of level 2, then 30 days of level 3. By the time I'm done it should be spring and I can start running outside again. :)

Jillian explains in the video intro what the intention is. She says "when you think you're ready, move on to the next level". So I don't think there's a hard and fast rule about how many days you have to do each level.

But I almost guarantee you'll be ready to "move on" sooner than 30 days. :wink:
  • fit4forty1975
    Options
    I'm about to start this ! I figured this DVD was a good place to start "working out" with. Haven't done anything in years so hoping this wont be too bad but prepared for a "sore" week ahead ! lol All these posts have been great to read :smile:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    You're right -- I'll probably "graduate" soon. I'm already feeling less sore and some of the exercises are too "easy." :)
  • ophiure
    ophiure Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did it once consecutively, using 3lbs weights and then moving up to 5lbs weights for levels 2 and 3. I did each for 10 days, no rest.

I'm doing it again now with one rest day and using 7lbs weights. Let me tell you, for the first two days, I was really sore. I find that the soreness gets better by working out--not resting. I usually end up getting more sore and stiff if I don't keep at it.

At the end of the day, do what works best for you.