Ideas for workout on the road for Mom (while parenting little kids)

Options
I'm going to miss my crossfit classes for Friday and Saturday as I'm travelling.

Any recommendations for a workout on the road?
The Inn has a really nice fitness center. http://www.redpineinn.com/fitness.html
I put the link so you can see pictures of what they have to work with.

I'm looking at medium to high intensity for 20-25 minutes.

I appreciate the advice. I have never had to think about it as my workouts are always pre-determined by my trainer.

Replies

• Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Maybe jump rope? Do intervals on the treadmill/elliptical. Swim laps in the pool.
  • jstrun
    jstrun Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i would stick to just doing cardio unless you have a weight lifting plan you follow...swim laps, use the cardio machines...2 days isn't much time away from working out...maybe just enjoy the break?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    oh man, you could totally run for 20-25 minutes.
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    the board at mainsite has BW exercises (e.g., Cindy) and other routines. Ross training dot com has great gymless workouts that are redolent of some crossfit programming (or I should say vice versa).

then there's the 100 pushups, situps, air squats, lunges, burpees routine...

running for 20-25 minutes :)

the trainer should also be able to hook you up with several routines to do .

have a good trip!
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Definitely use anything for cardio (treadmill, elliptical). You might look at carrying a full body workout DVD if you have a computer - I used to carry some of the P90X DVDs with me when I traveled - I would have to modify the routine a bit to do in my hotel room and I took a fitness band in my bag. Also, if you have an ipad or tablet, you can download an app called "Bodyweight" - it has some good workouts that don't require any equipment.

But, the most important thing when traveling is not necessarily the workout but the menu -this is where I struggle. When I go to different cities, I like to partake of the local cuisine . It's hard to pass up cajun food in NOLA, deep-dish pizza in Chicago, seafood in Boston - mmmmm. No thanks, I'll have the grilled chicken and steamed broccoli, please!

Good Luck!!
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Okay... First off, don't depend on the trainer. Yes, I'm sure it helps a lot. Why not do the same workouts that the trainer has taught you and go from there? I'm sure you remember your sessions with them. If I ever got a trainer, it would be mostly for variety, as I already have a routine I made work for me. Best of luck :)
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Sounds like running would be a good choice. You can pre-map your route and enjoy some different scenery at the same time. :)