weight watchers

Options
anyone tried it? is this just as good?

Replies

• Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've tried the old version and it worked. The new version didn't work well for me because I like fruit too much (ie i ate too many unaccounted calories from fruit). I like this better but to each their own.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, this is better.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    This is BETTER.......WAY BETTER!!
  • alynnbennett
    Options
    I stopped weight watchers and started MFP and I LOVE MFP so much better!!! Just my opinion.
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    You're better off continuing with MFP.
  • misslo718
    misslo718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been on and off weight watchers for 25 years. It works if you work it. I have a good friend who was overweight all her life and lost 50 lbs on WW, and kept it off. Personally, I preferred the old program, as I find the points gimmicky and confusing.

The only program that works is the one you can stick with. If this is working for you, don't change it.
  • mommacool
    mommacool Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    MFP lost 23 in 3 months. Cost FREE. LOVE IT!!
    WW lost 10 in 5 months, spent $$$$$$$$. Hated it the whole time.

I vote for MFP ALL THE WAY!!!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have done WW off and on for the past 10 or so years and tried 3 or 4 of their different programs. Their latest program I gained weight. MFP in my opinion is 10 times better, and not just because it is free. But everyone is different, whatever works for you!
  • melissahratliff
    Options
    I was on WW and was doing great before they changed the plan in November. After it changed I didn't lose anything. I think 'free fruit' messed me up. So I switched to this. This site workes like the online WW program except it is calories instead of points. I can hardly believe it is free. What a bargain! I'm much happier using MFP.

6326265.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have joined ww and I like this better stopping my membership
  • steve4580
    steve4580 Posts: 32
    Options
    MFP is about 1000 times better for me. Weight Watchers worked for me fairly well when I did it many years ago, and I actually kept my weight down to a reasonable level for many years after stopping the program. It taught me that I don't have to constantly stuff my face in order to feel satisfied. In the last couple of years though my weight has crept up again and I knew I needed to do something. I thought about WW, but I did not want to spend a fortune, and I was very skeptical about the new way they do points. It seems very gimmicky and vague. I don't need a nanny looking out for me in the way that WW does. MFP simply counts your calories and also helps you keep track of other vitals such as fiber, fat, protein, and carbs, and exercise, but at your own direction. The best part of all: it works and it's FREE!!! I am so happy I discovered this wonderful program!