female wanting to lose 40 lbs - friends??

Options
Hi I'm looking for some friends. I am brand new to this site & would love people to motivate me :smile:

I'm a married mom in my 20s. I'm 5'4, and I want to lose about 40 pounds or so. I am looking for women with similar goals as myself.

Add me if you'd like!

Replies

• AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I added you. I am a mom of 2 in my early 30s. I am 5'6 and wanting to lose 50 lbs. I am not brand new to this site, but it's been a while since I have been on it regularly. :) Good luck.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Hi. Add me if you like. I have about the same to lose and I am on everyday. :)
  • blaja5
    blaja5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You may add me. I have 30-40 pounds to lose so we are in the same category there, except I am 54. I could be your on-line mom!
  • samharmony
    samharmony Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in my mid 30's trying to lose 40 lbs, I'd love some extra motivation myself. I've been at this for 60 days and haven't quite hit 10 lbs yet. But it doesn't happen over night.
  • fitsomeday_
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I hope to have success with this site :smiley:
  • pjhogan8
    pjhogan8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me, too! Would love some friends on the journey. I started (again) last week......here we go. Slow and steady wins the race, right?
    Good luck and friend me, too. :)
    Capecodlady
  • johannaleighx
    johannaleighx Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mum of 3 at 18, I'm looking to lose around the same amount as you. I have no friends as of yet so add me if you like :)
  • fitsomeday_
    Options
    Ok cool, I've added you!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I've just lost about 40 pounds.
  • AshleyNicolePedigo
    Options
    You can add me. I'm on daily. I'm 24, mom to a 9 yr old lil girl. I have about 50 pounds to lose left. I've already lost 15. Anyone feel free to send me a request as well :)
  • MaryMufasa
    Options
    I am new...ish. But I'm in desperate need of friends here to keep myself motivated. Im 26, mother of 3 and I want to lose 30 pounds.
  • LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I not quite a woman yet but working on it lol.

Did have 63lbs to loose now down to 49lbs.

I think best advice I can give you all is, rather than doing multiple things to loose, focus on just one thing, so if it weight loss specifically, then focus just on loosing weight, don't worry about exercise and all the other things like getting toned etc.

But if you want to get toned then focus on that more so than loosing weight.

And before you actually start anything, think of one reason why you have to do this....
    Not because you want to, but of something that makes you have to do it, as that will drive you much further and through all the hard times than when you just want to do something.

Like for me, am very open about it, if I didnt think I could maybe get to operation stage one day for my sex change, I wouldnt be here now trying to loose weight, would just be making sure my diabetes was stable and low.

Because I know if I ever get to the stage of that operation, my weight would be used as an excuse not to do the op, so I know it is something I have to do before I even start the hormones.

So when I get those moments when I want to binge or do something really stupid, that have to reason makes me stop and go no, ya not.

So i simply tweaked what i was doing for my diabetes, made calories a bit less, have one meal a day instead of 2 or 3, and take my multi vit daily, and viola, weight coming off nicely.

Feel free to add me if you wish, or just im me I honestly not mind, but I hope that helps.
  • VienaLove
    VienaLove Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • VienaLove
    VienaLove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Mommy of 1! in my 20's, trying to lose 45. I log in every single day; multiple times a day. Here to motivate and be motivated, as cheesy as that sounds. (I also promise for the rest of our friendship I'll never mention cheese again) LOL
  • craftymommy
    craftymommy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 1. I've lost 33 lbs so far and have about another 38 lbs to go. Came on MFP to better track what I was doing for eating and exercise, and on the forums to keep myself motivated to continue staying healthy and losing weight.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm not new here, but a Mom of 4, a 4yr old, a 2yr old and 6 month old twins. Add me if you like :).
  • deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I added you!

I've been on the site since April, and have lost a little over 60lbs so far, with about 40lbs still to go. MFP has worked wonders for me, and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Welcome, and you can do this!