Diets during the holidays!

Options
vgravedo
vgravedo Posts: 17
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!
Im currently on a Keto diet, but any advice ingeneral how you get through the holidays would be appreciated. I am going out of two for 4 days to my sister's and am afraid I am gonna pig out on a basket of bread and mashed potatoes!

Replies

• marjorieallred839
    Options
    I am soo with you there. I am 49 but my mom still controls how we eat at her house. I will take roasted pecan green beans for everyone and try to stick with the turkey. It is going to be tough. I've only been keto for a month and I don't want to mess up now.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    My plan is to basically stay within my calorie goal every day and exercise up until I go out of town. I'll be gone for about four days too so I'm just going to try to have fun but not go too crazy! I also plan to at LEAST get a long walk in every day while I'm away.

I keep telling myself to stay on track so when I see my family, they'll be shocked!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    My plan is to gain a pound on Thanksgiving and another at Christmas and then go back to eating properly.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanksgiving went great for me (Canada) and I had 2 of them (in laws). I just took small portions, logged what I was able to log (turkey etc) and didn't double dip for things. Like if I had sweet potatoes I didn't also take regular potatoes.

I made my goal to lose weight over Thanksgiving and I did. I plan on doing the same battle plan for the Christmas season.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving and Christmas are 2 days. Eat, be thankful and be merry. Worry about the rest on the other 363 days of the year :).
  • _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't actually celebrate any of the holidays, so I'm just going to treat them like normal days and eat like normal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is one day...Christmas is one day...there are 365 days in a year...a handful of holidays and occasions are pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. People don't get fat because of holidays or a birthday or random neighborhood BBQ...people don't get fat because they indulge on occasions...they get fat when they treat every day like an occasion.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm in a Holiday Slim Down group on facebook that will take me through the holidays with support and encouragement. If you are interested in finding out more info. about it. Please message me. ankdworak
  • vgravedo
    Options
    Thanks everyone!