So mad at myself

Options
I don't know what I was thinking (clearly, I wasn't) but my work place just had a Friday Wine Down and I just threw back two glasses of wine before i realized a) I'm on a diet! I can't be drinking my calories like this! and b) I have to work out tonight - omg, I hope I don't barf. Really disappointed in myself for not keeping diet/exercise top of mind. What's wrong with me???!!!!???

Replies

• lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it!! I'm guilty of that too, and I make myself sick with worrying and stressing about whatever I just ate/drank. Just take it as a lesson for next time.
  • lisamarie1227
    Options
    it's hard to always keep "dieting" in the front of your mind....don't worry about it. we all have those times when we forget:)
  • cckeimig
    cckeimig Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    One slip is not the end of the world. Don't beat yourself up over it. We all have a day here and there when we go over on our calorie counts or whatever, but in the long run it evens out.

You will be fine, I'm sure of it.
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    once in a long long while working out with alcohol in the system is fun because it reminds you to not do it :)
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    WHat's wrong with you...hmmmm...your human?! Enjoy a glass of wine once in awhile and get back at it tomorrow, it's not the end of the world!
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    WHat's wrong with you...hmmmm...your human?! Enjoy a glass of wine once in awhile and get back at it tomorrow, it's not the end of the world!

:drinker: hear hear!:drinker:
  • Kaldrmjolka
    Options
    Hey everyones allowed a naughty day everyone once in awhile, it's a life style change, and giving up wine for good.... come on don't be mad :D

Few days ago I had a piece of cake for Shakespeare's birthday, and it was damn good cake, but only reason I would have to be mad it if I ate an insane amount.

Just don't overdo it, enjoy it, you deserve a reward for all your hard work!
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!! This is a lifestyle change. You've got to incorporate the things you love in order to stick to it!

Mmmmmm. Wine.
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Stop calling it a diet. That's step one. You have made a change. Part of the change is eating healthier and exercising. Beyond that, life still goes on. Tonight you made a choice. If you planned it and this is not an every day or even every week thing, then it's not the end of the world. If you look at your new approach to living this way, you will be able to stop beating yourself up and keep moving forward.

Breathe....you like all of us are human. We don't always make the best decisions, but typically we live to see another day and can modify our decisions for the future. Just remember, "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity!"...

Good luck!

Matt
  • scmcgee
    scmcgee Posts: 165
    Options
    I did the same thing tonight - I drank all my calories. It is not the end of the world. I don't think of it has a diet; it is a lifestyle change. Most days I do good but some days you just have to let it go. Tomorrow is another day as Scarlett herself would say.

Tomorrow is another day
    Let go of your anger and get back on the train tomorrow.
  • rosaliabritt
    rosaliabritt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Asolutely nothing...your human.
  • BettrFastrStrongr
    BettrFastrStrongr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    No biggie. Like everyone above said this is a lifestyle change. You're allowed to enjoy things such as a glass or two of wine, as long as it is not in excess. If you're a bit too tipsy/full-bellied to exercise now, just do it in the a.m. or some time tomorrow. Maybe you having 2 glasses of wine was your subconscience telling you that you need a breather from your "diet" frame of mind.

What kind of life would it be if we couldn't enjoy a savory glass or vino on occasion or partake in eating a delicious piece of decadent cake at a birthday party? :)