a long way to go... but i love what i see so far (pics)

Options
I've only lost 8 lbs so far since I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago. I started at 216 lbs and at my current 208 so I know that there is still a long road ahead of me. Already I've had a few days where I've felt very discouraged with my progress. But today I found an old camera of mine from 2007-08 and I saw something I hadn't seen in a very long time (and honestly hoped I would never see again)... pictures of me at my heaviest weight, 235 lbs. I cried when I saw these because I remembered how depressed and miserable I was at the time. And now here I am: almost 30 lbs lighter and about 30x happier than I ever was before. I know these "before" pics are from before I joined MFP but I thought I'd share my progress with you guys anyway. I hope these can serve as some encouragement to all of you who still have a long way to go.

oldsdcardchicagotally309.jpg

235 lbs in 2007-08

oldsdcardchicagotally308.jpg
209lbs3.jpg
208 lbs present

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    lovely! such a difference, and i can feel your confidence and sex appeal oozing through my computer screen! CONGRATS to you! keep it up!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    What a great accomplishment!!! You look amazzzing!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • iambayd
    iambayd Posts: 235
    Options
    You look great!! Wtg! :)
  • lap1970
    lap1970 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are such a pretty young lady...you looked pretty in all your pictures....but I can see your happiness in the most recent ones. Congrats!
  • JennaLee1486
    JennaLee1486 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great job! It gets easier to keep going. This is a lifestyle change, eventually it doesn't feel like a diet. You look great!
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • noworry87
    noworry87 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hey good job...self confidence really helps :) keep up the good work and keep posting pics
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    not to sound like a lesbian. But damn. you look hawt! haha.

awesome job :)
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful success! Thank you for showing the progress,
  • smoonygirl
    smoonygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can definitely see it!! Looking good! I am so glad you shared!.

I am about where you were (235) but I USED to be about 290 after my son! I have been smaller then I am now, so I know I can get there again, but sometimes you forget how far you have already come from where you started.

Looking at old pictures reminds you that "YES YOU CAN DO IT!" You've already come this far, just got to keep going.
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WOW! Way to go!
  • jamr1019
    jamr1019 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great.
  • mbalaguer1
    Options
    thanks so much everyone, this is exactly why i joined mfp... you all are such a great support system and so encouraging. It was sad to see these old pics but i think i shall put them to good use. Gonna print these out and put them in my wallet, next time I reach in there for cash to buy fast food i want to remember why i've decided to eat healther and change my lifestyle :)
  • lovemyhellokitty
    lovemyhellokitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    awesome job! I LOVE your tattoos!!!!
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look so great. I can totally see a difference in your face, you seem so much happier. Good luck to you on your life change.:flowerforyou:
  • virgz_fox
    virgz_fox Posts: 26
    Options
    you look really amazing!
  • hgmoore44
    hgmoore44 Posts: 43
    Options
    You look fab. Keep up the good work!
  • smoonygirl
    smoonygirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thanks so much everyone, this is exactly why i joined mfp... you all are such a great support system and so encouraging. It was sad to see these old pics but i think i shall put them to good use. Gonna print these out and put them in my wallet, next time I reach in there for cash to buy fast food i want to remember why i've decided to eat healther and change my lifestyle :)

Thats a great idea!!!!
  • ilovecisco22
    Options
    go girl u did it u look good
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!