The Dr. Merc diet

Options
I have a MFP medical degree and have devised this magic weight loss diet

Watch your calories and stay under your TDEE. Eat whatever you want. Try to keep it 80% healthy foods and 20% or less junk foods

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! good to know:)
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Nope. Too logical. Nothing completely cut out. Not nearly restrictive enough . Plus it could be easily maintained. Way too easy to be successful this way.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nope. Too logical. Nothing completely cut out. Not nearly restrictive enough . Plus it could be easily maintained. Way too easy to be successful this way.

Plus it doesn't include any kind of detox or starving.....nope will never work.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Plus it doesn't include any kind of detox or starving.....nope will never work.

And don't forget the pills!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Think I'm gonna try some belviq :#
  • indianwin2001
    indianwin2001 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks Doc. My co-pay is in the mail
  • linstapler
    linstapler Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    what? no ebook? *pout*
  • Nixygirl
    Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm a little confused about the BMR & TDEE...I'm a very big woman and I've lost about 22 kilo in the last 2 months (it's likely more, I've not weighed myself in a fortnight). I average about 1400 cals a day...one or two times I've gone over, but mostly I sit somewhere between 1100 - 1400.

But, my BMR is 2759 cal and my TDEE is 3311. Even before I started losing weight I rarely ate more than 2800 cals a day. I spent a good many months keeping a diary, so I know exactly how much I was consuming.

I don't have any kind of illness that would cause this, or diabetes or anything like that.

The only thing I can seem to put it down to is before I changed my diet, it was primarily made up of carbs. Largely simple carbs at that.

I should mention that I am seated much of the time. I'm a film editor so I can be seated for up to 14 hours each day working. Also because of being overweight my entire life, I have no cartilage in my knees, which makes walking painful.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Sorry sir, but you are no Dr. Hymen.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I just ordered some tapeworm eggs from Hong Kong. Onederland, here i come...
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »

Dr. Hymen split on me. :grumble:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    The visual...hurts.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    The visual...hurts.

Well get your head out of there... jeeeze.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    (*)
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    That'll never work because you're not trying to sell me some supplement or magic weight loss cure for the low payment of my soul.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    I have a MFP medical degree and have devised this magic weight loss diet

Watch your calories and stay under your TDEE. Eat whatever you want. Try to keep it 80% healthy foods and 20% or less junk foods

Gosh, I can't believe someone flagged you on this. I like the concept, Dr. Merc, and I believe I'm going to try your diet, but......

You forgot to tell me how much $$ I owe you now. :)