Best Brand of Kombucha

Options
I've recently become obsessed with Kombucha and was wondering what the best BRAND (I know you can make it at home) is for Paleo minded people. I tend to like the amount of fizz in the Synergy brand. Looking for low sugar.. Thanks!

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    You realize that kombucha is made by the bacteria eating SUGAR, right? I just want to get that out there, because the ingredients are literally a SCOBY with a bit of the prior batch, brewed tea, and sugar.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You can mix the kombucha with plain tea to make it less sweet.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You realize that kombucha is made by the bacteria eating SUGAR, right? I just want to get that out there, because the ingredients are literally a SCOBY with a bit of the prior batch, brewed tea, and sugar.

Without the sugar it wouldn't be kombucha :)
  • p_s_a
    p_s_a Posts: 45
    Options
    @PrizePopple Yeah I realize that, I just noticed a pretty high variance in Sugars on the Nutrition Facts. So I was looking for one with low sugar.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't know about sugar content but my preference is the Synergy stuff. I've had some pretty nasty tasting ones so now I'm afraid to try anymore new ones.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    The scoby eats the sugar, the longer you let it ferment, the less sweet it is. It's super easy to make and tastes so much better than store bought.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I really liked the Unity Vibration kombuchas out of Michigan.
  • Fuoriclasse
    Options
    Synergy is the one I like too, curious what other alternatives there are that are just as good.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    We only have a few brands here and Synergy has the lowest sugars. The Original and Green I think. I make my own now, LOVE it! I can't afford $3.99 a bottle! I make 2 batches for that.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Rejuvelac has beneficial bacteria and active enzymes. No sugar or fizz...
  • yogaveg
    yogaveg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    synergy for me!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I liked making my own. I only had the patience to do it twice though. My scoby got huge and had a huge baby. So funny looking.
  • p_s_a
    p_s_a Posts: 45
    Options
    Yeah I'll probably just stick with Synergy or try making my own. Thanks for the responses.