100 g of protein and still so hungry, why?

Options
slemonfit
slemonfit Posts: 97 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
i ate 100 g of protein today and im still so hungry, why?
im 5'1, 117 pounds now, small frame, my recommended daily calories is 1200

today i already ate about 1500 calories and i still feel so hungry

here is my food from today
what am i doing wrong and what can i do to stop feeling so hungry? i thought if i ate more protein that i'd feel less hungry but i am still hungry

(calories / protein)

Th 11/6
cheese 80 9
Almonds 10 50 2

bacon x4 150 10
sausage vegetarian long 80 3
Sausages 4 pieces small 80 3
fried rice 100 5
grapefruit rest 50
tomatoes small 6 12

cheese 80 9
cheese 80 9
cheese 80 9
tomato sauce 20

nonfat yogurt vanilla 90 11
Almonds 14 70
Almonds 5 25

nonfat yogurt vanilla 180 11
nonfat yogurt vanilla 90

sample bread 15

lemon 5
salad 10
carrots 20
Turkey 2 slices 50 12
Turkey 1 slice 25 6
2 vitamins 15
turkey 25 6

1482 105

Replies

• Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    maybe you're just thirsty and it just feels like hunger. Bunch of sodium on that there menu. *not saying its a bad thing salty foods are delicious.*
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I was about to ask the same thing

How much water are you drinking per day? dehydration can be mistaken for hunger...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Looks like lots of highly dense foods with small quantities

How about if you eat your high cal proteins alongside a big plate of veggies, use boiled/steamed rice instead of fried and only go to the nuts for a tasty snack

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what cheese? there seems a lot of dairy I find if I eat a lot of dairy I feel hungry. cottage cheese helps me feel full.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    how's your fats? Protein is great and all but if not paired with sufficient fat intake you're much less likely to find the satiety you're looking for.
  • steph40967
    steph40967 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You have a good variety of foods there but you are missing slow release carbohydrate in most meals. Foods like porridge, sweet potato etc these keep blood sugar levels stable which stops cravings. Reduce the fat intake slightly and add some small carb quantities.
  • susanm160
    Options
    Hi there, you need to add the "healthy fats" like the omega-3 fatty acids. Fish, nuts and almond butter spreads can do this. Also, add fiber to your diet. Fiber makes your body think it's full and stops the hunger reflex.
  • eatliveplay
    eatliveplay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Where's the fibre? Fibre helps with fullness.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I would add whole grains, eggs and more veggies for fiber. More fat like coconut oil, olive oil or nut butters too.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    If that's normal nonfat yogurt with the usual amount of sugar (i.e. a lot), I would be hungry pretty quickly after eating it.

You could add half a plate of green leafy veggies to your meals for 25 calories or less (baby greens of all kinds are pretty mild) and that is a lot of chewing if that kind of thing helps you.

You might also consider if at your current weight 1200 is enough for you. I am about your height and 117 is well within the healthy range. At some point it's going to be a slog and really difficult to maintain a smaller weight. You might try eating at maintenance for a week to give yourself a physical and mental break and then go back to losing again at 1300-1400.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Because you keep thinking about food... Stop it!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like 1200 is enough calories for you. You're at a healthy weight range and you're hungry, so this is pretty telling. Additionally, try some nut butters.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, and reducing stress in your life. All can cause that hunger feeling. Make sure your calories are correct and you are accounting for any exercising you are doing. Then I would look at your macro balance and making sure you are getting enough fiber as well as protein. Then look at individual food choices.....I know bacon is yummy, but I always want more bacon after I've eaten too much bacon already. I recently switched from an almond milk protein shake to a green protein shake in the morning and can barely finish it because I feel so full. And it shaved 50 calories off my breakfast! What you eat matters.

Best of luck!!!!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    80 cals of cheese is so little. Yes, you ate a lot of protein, but not a lot of FOOD :)

Balance it out