Morning, Afternoon, Evening

Options
Does it matter what time of day you work out? Are there benefits to working out at different times of the day? If you are a "evening" person is it more beneficial to workout in the evenings?
I am not a morning person, but I make myself get up at 5:30am to workout. I'm wondering if switching would help show better results to a time that is when I feel better. I used to work night shift (for 16 years) and it took me 2 years to get more used to normal daytime hours. I now sleep regular and get up regularly.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter... Do it whenever fits best in your routine.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    The time of day doesn't matter. It's that you do it at all that is important.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Not significantly, especially not for the majority of MFPers. Just focus on giving 100% to your workouts, whatever time you decide to do them... and to do them consistency. Patience and effort are the 2 biggest factors.
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm very impatient. Plateaued on the scale, but I'm loosing inches and increasing in strength and endurance. I'm just trying to learn and tweak to get optimal results.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Inches > scale weight
    strength > scale weight
    endurance > scale weight

You're winning, just keep going. Patience and realistic expectations for progress/results is often the hardest part of this.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Just do it.