Gains, Losses & Whatnot

Options
Good Morning, Y'all!

I'm Mye. The BLUF is this: I'm 5'5" and currently 110 pounds. The problem with those numbers is that my usual weight is 125 pounds. I had my first child in April and since then my weight has been dropping consistently. I should add that I am also nursing my son. That said - I would be forever grateful for any advice pertaining to gaining weight and keeping it on. Thanks!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Track your cals for a few days to get an estimate of what your eating, and then add around 300 cals.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Track your cals for a few days to get an estimate of what your eating, and then add around 300 cals.

Agreed. Log and track calories as consistently and as completely as possible for a week to get a feel for how much you're currently eating. Add 10% every 2 weeks or so until you start seeing slow increases in weight.
  • myeshialbennett
    Options
    Thanks a lot, guys!
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    If you are nursing, you will lose weight. When you nurse, a lot of calories, fats and nutrients are being drained from you to supplement the baby. You just have to replace what you're giving up. I don't think MFP has a calculation for nursing mothers as this should be a consideration. Just increase your daily caloric, fat and protein intake for the day and you should be able to get to the weight you want. Follow jacksonpt's advice.