assigning calories burned for weight training/burn

Options
I can easily get the calories when entering aerobic exercise but i can't seem to get the same result when entering weight training into myfitnesspal.
There must be some caloric benefit to this kind of training and it seems essential to know "how to". can anyone help me? Jeanette

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Weight train to get stronger and look good naked. Do not worry about calories burn for weight training since there is no way to guess it.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    You can type in "Strength Training" into the cardio session and it will give you calorie counts.

That being said, it is so hard to determine calories burned from lifting that it might be pointless to log it. You really need to play with your intake and watch your weight for a little bit to get an accurate account of how much you are burning.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    from another thread:
    erickirb wrote: »
    No way to get an accurate count, but you can put in "strength training" in the cardio section for a general estimate of cals burned. Just keep in mind the benefits of strength training is not the calories burned.

• DojoMaster888
    DojoMaster888 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Generally no point tracking the calories burned during lifting. Not accurate or significant enough to justify eating more/less calories.