4'9, 18 years old, need help losing weight!!!

tasharox143
tasharox143 Posts: 3
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey MFP, this is my first post and I really need help losing weight :(

I have lost 10lbs but that was 1 year ago and it toke me like 7 months.

I really need help losing another 10lbs.

I eat 70% healthy, and I usually workout 3-4 days a week for an hour.

This has stopped working for me :(

So my new plan is 4-5 days for 1:40 mins - 2 hrs!

Im so beat down.

I can't even successfully lose 5lbs!

btw, I'm currently 112.6 lbs used to be 123 lbs. Need to be 100lbs.

Trust me 112lbs is not light when your 4'9. I have 19in thighs and I am only 4'9.

I have thick lower body and it's hard to lose weight in my thighs.

I really need some help. I do not count carbs or fats but I always keep my calories around

1300-1500 and 1800 when I lose track for a day or so.

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    "19 inch thighs"

Holy Copernicus you're tiny!

Anyways, if you're really determined to drop some more don't stress about doing it fast; the slower weight loss is, usually the easier it is to keep it off.

You say you eat 1300-1500, and 1800 on "off" days. Step 1? Consistency. Pick a number, stick with it. That's the most efficient way to find out what is and what isn't working. Make your food diary the day ahead of time, and stick with it. Someone offers you a small snack? "No thank you, I've already planned out my food for the day :) maybe tomorrow though?" and then work it in for tomorrow, etc.

If you succeed in consistency but then continue not losing weight, lower your calorie goal by ~50. Maintain that for two-ish weeks. Still no signs of budging? Lower it again.

It's a slow process and can be insanely frustrating. However, it sounds to me that you're in a similar place as me, where your weight loss goals are fueled by low self esteem, etc. Go look at your (naked) self in the mirror. Ignore the parts you dislike. Compliment yourself on the things you do like. Do this regularly. It sounds silly... But in the long run, you'll feel better and maybe you won't feel like you need to drop the weight.
  • EvaL01
    EvaL01 Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2014
    Increasing your workout days definitely helps. How often do you change up your workout routine? Every 4 weeks I'll change mine because I stop seeing results. Have you tried doing HIIT cardio or cardio intervals?

http://www.shape.com/fitness/workouts/8-benefits-high-intensity-interval-training-hiit
  • dobsm
    dobsm Posts: 2
    You don't need to exercise for two hours that often! If you do, you're more likely to over-stress your body. Think about how many calories you can burn in two hours of exercise. Probably up to over 1000. If you're only eating 1300, that gives you only 300 calories to live on - no wonder you aren't losing weight, your body is struggling to function on what you're consuming.

Use MFP to track how many calories you burn exercising for an hour 3-4 times a week, and make sure that you hit 1300 net calories - which might mean eating more than you're used to. Once you're fuelling your body properly again, that should get you over your plateau :)

Good luck! I'm also pretty short (just over 5') so I understand that what other people think is "tiny" doesn't mean the same for us!

• BFDeal wrote: »
    I have thick lower body

How YOU doin'????!!?

Okay, I guess.
    suppakana wrote: »
    "19 inch thighs"

Holy Copernicus you're tiny!

Anyways, if you're really determined to drop some more don't stress about doing it fast; the slower weight loss is, usually the easier it is to keep it off.

You say you eat 1300-1500, and 1800 on "off" days. Step 1? Consistency. Pick a number, stick with it.

Thanks for the advice, I really do suffer from low self esteem. It's really hard to work hard and not see results. I'm definitely going to change my eating habits!

dobsm wrote: »
    You don't need to exercise for two hours that often! If you do, you're more likely to over-stress your body. Think about how many calories you can burn in two hours of exercise. Probably up to over 1000. If you're only eating 1300, that gives you only 300 calories to live on - no wonder you aren't losing weight, your body is struggling to function on what you're consuming.

Use MFP to track how many calories you burn exercising for an hour 3-4 times a week, and make sure that you hit 1300 net calories - which might mean eating more than you're used to. Once you're fuelling your body properly again, that should get you over your plateau :)

Good luck! I'm also pretty short (just over 5') so I understand that what other people think is "tiny" doesn't mean the same for us!

I know I usually don't go on for 2 hours, I just try to hit 500-700 calories each workout day. It takes me 1 hr to burn 380-420 calories.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I think at this moment you need to take supplement.
    No fear just believe and take an amazing product.
    Nope.