Starting over again...

Options
Hi everyone, My name is Kristen and I have been on MFP many times over the past several years. I always seem to lose just enough to start feeling good and then something happens and I gain it back. (Usually with a few extra pounds for my effort!) Anyway, my last weight hurdle was having a baby at 42. I did good all through my pregnancy and then gained a bunch after.
My little angel is 18 months old now and I really feel the need to lose this weight so I can keep up with her. Also, I have high blood pressure for the first time in my life and I need to get that under control so that I can have as much time as possible with my baby. It's not easy, but I am committed.
I set my goals low for right now... 5 lbs in 30 days. I have WAY more than that to lose, but i like to see results so wish me luck.

Replies

• MarySH1969
    Options
    good luck! I'm coming back to this again too!
  • jesssantinon
    Options
    I have a 20 month old!! I think no matter what age we are, after babies its hard to lose weight. You aren't in it alone!!!
  • lorac19662
    lorac19662 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Kristen! I just wanted to congratulate you on starting again and to wish you luck! I am here if you ever need someone to talk to or anything. :smile:
  • Chanti1620
    Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 week old, i've lost almost 17lbs having her!
    I'm super serious about getting this weight off, lol
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you. I would love to help support and motivate you all. I have lost 117 pounds since January. I am not done yet but almost there.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Please feel free to add me. I'm losing steadily and am interested in long-term maintenance. I also gained a lot after my kids were born, then lost it, then gained it back and then some. I think some of that is the exhaustion that comes from having toddlers. You eat for energy, unfortunately.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one! That's awesome. And I'd like to give you a little inspiration. 2 years ago, when I started this journey, I weighed 206 lbs and had high blood pressure that was described as, "through the roof" by my doc. The put me on meds immediately. So I started walking every day. At first just 10 min then I added 5 min a week. I didn't really start eating at a deficit for about 6 months but just the walking allowed me to lose a pound a week. After 6 mo I started eating at a slight deficit and lost a lb a week. Long story short, now I weigh 147, 7 lbs from my goal, and just last month my doc took me off the bp meds and my blood pressure is normal now! You can DO this! We are HERE for you! Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • terris1
    terris1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm just starting again and am very encouraged reading the great results you've all had. My baby just turned 21 and oh how I wish I would have gotten the weight off back then. Anyway, now is the time for me. I feel positive and am encouraged by what I read here. I have 50 lbs to get off and it WILL come off and stay off! Good luck and keep posting! Thanks
  • sokie88
    sokie88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck Kristen! I'm in the same boat minus the baby (unless you count the hubby). ;) Let me know if you have tips on will power. My weakness is pizza and red wine.