1200 Calorie

Options
123457»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Right Sabine, Beachbody, because you've been very informative for the OP?
    You know what they say about folks who assume....
    Read some of my posts Einstein.

Here's your most recent post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

It's always polite to cite.

Yeah it is but you'll have to excuse the semantics right now because back in 2011 I saved a lot of information for my own use and just copy and paste it for others to use. Sorry my posting process wasn't up to your satisfaction.

That being said, ain't nobody got time to go read your posts sweet lady.
    You've got time for cut and paste. Add a link. As for reading my posts: couldn't care less, but don't judge me when you don't know jack. k?

Let's see.... YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO. k?

Night night.
    night night son.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Right Sabine, Beachbody, because you've been very informative for the OP?
    You know what they say about folks who assume....
    Read some of my posts Einstein.

Here's your most recent post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficits

It's always polite to cite.

Yeah it is but you'll have to excuse the semantics right now because back in 2011 I saved a lot of information for my own use and just copy and paste it for others to use. Sorry my posting process wasn't up to your satisfaction.

That being said, ain't nobody got time to go read your posts sweet lady.
    You've got time for cut and paste. Add a link. As for reading my posts: couldn't care less, but don't judge me when you don't know jack. k?

Let's see.... YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO. k?

Night night.
    night night son.

Haha. She said son... I'm still snorting.
    Use a tissue.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In, because the OP hasn't been back in 6 pages.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    ha! I guess I'd have to say I'm not surprised.

Hey, sloth, we got some "pizza forks" (WTH?) for christmas that remind me of your paws/claws. :smile:
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Hey, sloth, we got some "pizza forks" (WTH?) for christmas that remind me of your paws/claws. :smile:

Got a pic? I Googled, and got many odd pics.... sloth paws are MADE for eating pizza.
  • lougru
    lougru Posts: 55
    Options
    I realise this thread has gone somewhat off topic but I just want to add in that I am also following a 1200 calorie diet (this does not take into account any additional exercise cals I earn). I eat more if my exercise allows but its working well for me.
    And yes, I worked out my TDEE and its more or less spot on for where I should be eating at. Dont understand the hating on a low cal diet if youre eating more when your body needs it (ie after exercise)
    Did I miss something?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

Got a pic? I Googled, and got many odd pics.... sloth paws are MADE for eating pizza.
    I'll try to find the exact set. I don't know why but when we opened it, I immediately thought of sloth toes!
  • warrenrose12
    warrenrose12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i think for your height 1200 is about right and if you exorcize and burn calories you can have extra calories to eat if you really need them , i,m eating 1200 a day and eat all the low calorie foods and have an abundance fruit and veg and i,m FULL ,some times just i eat whatever.But if you eat alot of vegetables you will be surprised how much you can eat and be satisfied, if you eat all the other stuff (crap) well you will be hungry and look for more calories up to you hope this helps and yes i,m not perfect i do eat unhealthy sometimes to and i,m still learning my calories in different foods my diary shows this ...how ever i,m still learning and enjoying my journey it,s teaching me alot . you will be fine what works for me though may be different for you ,trial and error good luck.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    bumping, i see some good menu ideas in this thread
  • rebeccagoddard
    rebeccagoddard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    half a banana with a tbsp of pb is good about 140 cal
    Ooh I may have to try that at soon
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You can just bookmark threads now, no need for bumping anymore. Use the little star to the right of the thread title :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    You can just bookmark threads now, no need for bumping anymore. Use the little star to the right of the thread title :)

Oh yeah thanks! Still getting the hang of this, lol

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Rays_Wife wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Oh yeah thanks! Still getting the hang of this, lol

It's like the one thing I've figured out so I have to tell everyone :p

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    Why do people always tell people doing 1200 calories to "eat more food" before they ask them their height?

The MFP website puts shorties like me at 1200, in case people didn't know that; and scooby puts people of my height and lower at LESS than 1200.

MFP seems to put almost everyone at 1200. I am a 5' 10" male, and if I went by MFP's numbers I would be at 1200 which is considered generally insufficient to provide minimal nutritional needs for a male. At that level of calories men will lose a bunch of muscle with the fat. Since MFP almost seems to default to 1200 for pretty much everyone, including males of average and even above average height people tend to say eat more. Add to that many of the people on 1200 don't eat back even a portion of their exercise calories, and that means most, albeit not all, people on 1200 are not eating enough.

Really ??

MFP puts a 5 ft 10 in male on 1200 calories? To lose how much per week and is that amount appropriate?

I was a 50 year old female, lightly active, 5 ft 3 in and I set it to lose 1/2 lb per week ( because I only had 22lb to lose)
    It set me on 1460.

Not getting how it set you on 1200 - I would re check the data you entered to get that number.