What has worked for me down 35 in 4 month

Options
Well this is my first post and after 4 month this is what has worked for me I hope this helps someone else

I joined a gym Good Life Fitness(24.15 every 2 weeks) I go ever 3 days I always go on the treadmill I can now run 5.0 for 2.6 Miles. This takes me 32 min I then walk for 25 more min at a 6.0 incline. This gives me 800 calories burned, it is a work in progress I could not run for 1 min when I started my weight loss

I always put all my food in good or bad I hate being over the line, 1850 is my calories

I cheat sometimes I have fast food, but I always get right back on track. I also enjoy subway salads around 300 calories. I have also had 4000 Cal days were I ate anything I wanted.

I have a wife who I am doing this with we help each other stay on track.

I set up a long term plan this is going to take 1 year and I am 1/3 done today. This helps me accomplish little goals 10 pounds a month but not get discouraged at how far I have to go.

I have a protein shake ever morning this is 350 calories the protein helps stay full.

I have rewarded myself at 25 pounds new IPhone 6

I eat a lots of omelets for lunch more protein keeps you full. I also eat lots of vegetables for supper I like them so this is easy for me and they are basically free 1 cup of broccoli 50 cal.

All the clothes I own now fit me properly this is a great motivator you wear clothes all the time (Well I do anyway) this is a full time reminder of how far I have come as well how far I have to go.

I weight myself everyday this is to stay on track and see my hard work pay off.

The only thing I can not give up is my coffee sweetener 70 Cal per day of basically sugar.

I did not put in this post how I got 115 pounds over weight because it does not matter, what matters is the next 8 month and that I Stay on Target. Look for my next post in 2 months

Replies

• karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    wow! Congratulations! you're looking great! keep going. Definitely inspiring :)
  • wonderflymade
    Options
    Congradulations!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Good for you :) You may get suggestions that starting to lift weights will help you sooner rather than later as well.. which I agree with, but you're making amazing progress in the weight loss game. Well done.
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I always put all my food in good or bad I hate being over the line, 1850 is my calories

I set up a long term plan this is going to take 1 year and I am 1/3 done today. This helps me accomplish little goals 10 pounds a month but not get discouraged at how far I have to go.

I eat a lots of omelets for lunch more protein keeps you full. I also eat lots of vegetables for supper I like them so this is easy for me and they are basically free 1 cup of broccoli 50 cal.

All the clothes I own now fit me properly this is a great motivator you wear clothes all the time (Well I do anyway) this is a full time reminder of how far I have come as well how far I have to go.

The only thing I can not give up is my coffee sweetener 70 Cal per day of basically sugar.

I did not put in this post how I got 115 pounds over weight because it does not matter, what matters is the next 8 month and that I Stay on Target. Look for my next post in 2 months
    [/quote]

All of these :)
  • dstevens1414
    dstevens1414 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I will be starting to lift weights around 250 the treadmill is working for me I enjoy it thanks for all the comments
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Rockstar
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You're awesome. Good job.
  • LarissaBienMiller
    LarissaBienMiller Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the coffee thing too and just count on those calories. Great idea with the non food reward, nice! I am loving being able to tuck in my shirts. (simple pleasures!) Great job! Keep going!
  • dstevens1414
    Options
    yup tucking in you shirt good day
  • mollymcdonald0
    mollymcdonald0 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    gret job! that's awesome deff an inspiration!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! very happy for your success!
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! :smile:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    do you only do cardio at the gym? Add weights man you will double you weight loss since you are a guy and have more to lose. |Good luck and have fun.
  • MarySH1969
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, that's awesome!
  • maveserehp
    maveserehp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Right on track
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    well done on your journey so far you will complete your mission and you are doing it healthily
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Great tips!
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!!! Thanks for sharing and all the best to you on your journey!
  • dstevens1414
    Options
    Thanks for all of the Comments I will update at 6 months
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Exactly that.... The past doesn't matter! Awesome work :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!