Hi Im New, Looking for friends/motivation, I love to dance!

Options
Hi Im new been 3 days and this is the best thing so far in watching what i eat. I like that it counts down your calories that you have left its kinda like a game. And I like that if you work out you get "extra" calorie points and I can eat a little bit more.

My biggest passion in life is dancing salsa dancing and argentine tango dancing. Dancing comes very easily to me but I don't like the way that I look and so Ive stopped going to the socials. There are a lot of photos taken at the socials and I hate what I look like in them. I feel very self conscious and I don't feel good about myself. I keep thinking if Im at the right angle Ill look okay in pictures but Im tired of trying to hide in "good angles" and I just want to get fit and have some self confidence. It seems I only have self confidence is when I'm on the dance floor but I've stop going so…catch 22 i guess.

anyways thats my story, I would like to lose 30 lbs. Im pretty short so any small pound gained is HUGE. So 30 lbs sounds about right.
Hope to make some friends on here.
Thanks for listening to my story
Shannon

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon! I would love to help cheer you on! Feel free to add me!
  • RickDube64
    RickDube64 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Shannon and welcome. You are absolutely on the right track. I started MFP 5 months ago for basically the same reason as you. I saw a picture of myself and was not happy at all. I've lost over 20 pounds, and since I am only 5'6" tall that is a significant amount of weight for me. I also find the calorie counting a kind of game. I look at every label for everything I eat now, and I try to hit my calorie goals exactly. I work out almost every day, and know that if I want a bigger dinner, then I need to work out longer. I don't try to eat lower than my calorie goal, although I will increase the protein beyond what MFP suggests, and lower the carbs. This is because I'm trying to build the muscle that is needed to burn fat. From the positive comments I get from people in my life, I'd say it's working. I'm going to be 50 years old this month, have had 21 broken bones in my life, and believe me, if I can do this, so can you. Best wishes
    Rick
  • clove76
    clove76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are doing a brilliant job, Shannon! I, too, am new to this, but have already found it helpful. My favorite exercise is dancing. If you would like to add me, please do so. :)
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 307 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Shannon! Welcome to the MFP community - we're glad you're here :)
  • MikySchwartz
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • morgiee_lynne
    morgiee_lynne Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I also love dancing. Not so much ballroom, but I love hip-hop. Feel free to add me :D
  • spprocks
    Options
    wow thank you so much everyone!! :D this is great!!!
  • clove76
    clove76 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You're welcome! *hugs*