Barcode Scanner

Options
Who uses the Barcode Scanner on your MFP phone app & does it help you? I've been using it since day one & it's pretty awesome and makes things so much easier! I find myself scanning everything in except for a few manual items cause it;s so much fun.

Replies

• oneplusdog
    oneplusdog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is that on the iPhone app? I can't find it!
  • JessesGirl05
    Options
    barcode scanner?
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know about it :(
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have a Droid phone but I am sure the app for Iphone has the capability to scan the barcode of foods & it will provide all the nutitional information, serving size, calories etc. all you have to do is provide the serving amount & eveything gets loaded onto your food dairy. It's really fun to do lol
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    With the unupgraged version of myfitnesspal mobile I couldn't do it, but now that I've upgraded it works like a charm, it's pretty flippin neat! I'll scan stuff right in the fridge! lol
  • oneplusdog
    oneplusdog Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sadly not available on iPhone yet :(
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    absolutely love this feature! I'm like oohh...what can I scan? Yeah, so I paid for the expensive smartphone, but skimp and by generic brands of food sometimes (the ones where I know it doesn't make a difference) and those are often not in the scanner, but still...it's so fun!!!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Yeah, useful bit of kit!
    For those bot sure where it is. Go to add.new entry. Pick which meal and you will see that on the right, next to the search bar is a squiggly box. Tap on that for the barcode scanner
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Is this only available for android or do us blackberry users get a look in? I cant find it anywhere...
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    Is this only available for android or do us blackberry users get a look in? I cant find it anywhere...
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    Well, poop! It's not on the iPhone? That stinks. I wish they would add that feature!!!
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yeah, useful bit of kit!
    For those bot sure where it is. Go to add.new entry. Pick which meal and you will see that on the right, next to the search bar is a squiggly box. Tap on that for the barcode scanner

aaah- thank you! I knew it could be done but wasn't sure how (just got my first android and having so much fun with the scanner but wasn't sure what to *do* with it...) Yay!
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the scanner. My sister-in-law showed me the scanner option about a month ago, I posted about it! But it is very helpful. The only thing that I've found so far that is not accurate is my lite coffee creamer. i think the scanner logs a teaspoon as 26 clories, but the container says 10. Anyway this morning I fixed egg white omlets, and scanned everything in. Just be careful when you open the package that you don't cut off the bar code like I did on y baby spinach! Oh the conviences of life!!!
  • Bringerofrain
    Options
    absolutely love this feature! I'm like oohh...what can I scan? Yeah, so I paid for the expensive smartphone, but skimp and by generic brands of food sometimes (the ones where I know it doesn't make a difference) and those are often not in the scanner, but still...it's so fun!!!
    I do the same thing! lol It is a real neat feature and I am surprised that iphone doesn't have it. I've become a bit OCD about scanning food items now!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Gotta love it!
  • hgellings
    hgellings Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have a blackberry so doubt I will ever get to take advantage of such a cool feature. :sad:
  • Bringerofrain
    Options
    Yeah, useful bit of kit!
    Thanks so much for clarifying that a bit. I just assumed that everyones phone had that feature. The one thing I've noticed is that not all barcodes match the item packaged!!! For instance, I scanned the Barcode for popcorn & the info provided was for "Pizza, 1 slice, without cheese". 170 calories. The info on the package was correct( I hope!) but the Barcode info was all wrong & the calories were almost double!
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    The Scanner is only available on the Droid, for now. The site creators are working on developing it for the iPhone and Blackberrys, but it takes a long time to do that kind of thing. Patience. :tongue:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hmmm just tried it for the very first time, not overly impressed, my bottle of water came back as a pack of apples nd grapes, and the granola bar took 5 minutes to get lined up enough to scan, could come in handy though will make grabbing stuff on the run easier
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    hehe, love my android however spelling on it can be tricky! (see my initial post!)