Shaun T's Rockin Body?? Creator of Insanity and Hip-Hop Abs

Options
2»

Replies

• skylic
    skylic Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been thinking of trying Rockin Body but it looks hard to follow, i have tried P90X and to me that did not have enough Cardio and took up alot of time i didnt have, then i decided to do insanity, i really liked insanity until the impact was affecting my heels. I have never had a problem with any workouts and this one hurt me, it not only was pulling the muscles in my heels, it also is hard on your calves, i would recommend taking extra time stretching your calves after. I didnt after one work out and i could barely walk for a week and couldnt work out at all.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Bumping to see if any new updates - it's on sale now and I'm considering getting it. I have a frozen shoulder and joint problems .
    How difficult is it to follow the moves? Any other info would be appreciated.
  • lisajaye105
    Options
    I have been doing Rocking Body for about 5 days now. I am absolutely in love with it. The routines are so much fun and I am so uncoordinated that I am sure I look much like a penguin trying to dance. I am also sure that half the moves I do are completely wrong, but I have fun doing it and I really work up a sweat in the end. Lost approximately 3-4 pounds so far and loving it.

to janlee_001 Rocking body is extremely fun, but it does require a lot of movement. Some of the moves can be difficult, but there is always an easier version that can be followed if you watch one of the other dancers. I am not sure if this type of workout would be good for your joints or for your shoulder, but I have had problems with my hips and doing a beginner level Yoga session has helped a lot with it. I know of a few other people that have joint problems that have had success doing Yoga to help their joints.
    I hope this helps you at all.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Rocking Body for about 5 days now. I am absolutely in love with it. The routines are so much fun and I am so uncoordinated that I am sure I look much like a penguin trying to dance. I am also sure that half the moves I do are completely wrong, but I have fun doing it and I really work up a sweat in the end. Lost approximately 3-4 pounds so far and loving it.

to janlee_001 Rocking body is extremely fun, but it does require a lot of movement. Some of the moves can be difficult, but there is always an easier version that can be followed if you watch one of the other dancers. I am not sure if this type of workout would be good for your joints or for your shoulder, but I have had problems with my hips and doing a beginner level Yoga session has helped a lot with it. I know of a few other people that have joint problems that have had success doing Yoga to help their joints.
    I hope this helps you at all.
    Yes, thank you - I'm glad it is working for you - WTG
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If you can get past him acting like a lady...I got a deal on it and tried it...just didn't do anything for me....But with the lady above comment...may give it a go again...

LOL I put on the 15 minute program that shows some of the moves, and my husband was watching and we were both cracking up at him. I still will probably use it to mix up with my Turbo Jam (that I LOVE).
  • rtntvglnt
    Options
    Has anyone tried the 3 day slimdown guaranteed to lose 5 lbs in your first 3 days (the extra included with the dvds)?? I am wanting to get this as my mom got it and wont let me have hers since she hasn't used it yet..
  • nakia2014
    nakia2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have knee issues as well. I just make sure to wear a knee brace and do modifications when necessary
  • spgabby86
    spgabby86 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have it and have not consistently used it...but I love the workout - going to try and stick with it for the next 3 weeks doing it at least 2-4 times a week on top of my gym workout and see what results I can get - I am sure it will get the job done - I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 25 minute workout
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's working out pretty well for me. Rockin' Body, especially if you go by the suggested calendar, can give a good workout. I was a bit rusty with working out, & this is the perfect transition for me...especially with having a knee issue...there is someone doing a lower impact version at all times. So, when it gets a bit too high impact, I just follow her.

This is good to hear! I was thinking about purchasing this, but wanted to see what MFP peeps said about it. I tore my ACL a couple years ago and I have to be careful what I do. I am doing Turbo Jam now, and following the low-impact modification, but I still catch me knee sometimes and can really feel it. I just want to have options for my workout even though I really enjoy Turbo Jam.

I have an ACL problem (replaced w/patellar tendon but screws backed out) as well - I'm wary of dance-y programs because I work out in the carpeted living room and any twisty/turny moves are bad news. How is this in that way?