insanity

Options
hi all. not sure if this is the right place to put this post but im currently doing insanity but from the beginning ive been a bit unsure of what my calorie intake should be. i did the calculation from the guide but it gave me 2,300 and i thought that was far too high. so i carried on eating normally. at the moment this is around 1600 calories. however ive read a couple of posts where people are saying if you dont eat enough you dont get as much results. so i just want maybe a second opinion on whether this is enough calories or whether i should eat more. im female, 118lbs (dont want to lose weight), 5'5. only other exercise i do is an hours walk as insanity wipes me out lol.

will be grateful for any input :)

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Wow, I start by calculating my Basal Metabolic Rate..........this is how many calories your body would burn if you just stayed in bed all day. Basically, if you were in a coma, it's about how many calories the medical staff would pump into your feeding tube to keep you alive (don't quote me on that).
    Add in the calories burned from exercising, and then you have your calorie limit. Keep your calorie intake about 10-15% under than limit and you should still see results. You'll also see results if you go even lower that 15% under, but with any intense exercise program like Insanity, I wouldn't recommend it. This is not based on any professional advice, just personal experience.

Everyone is different, so this is just my anecdotal advice.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice. it does come to around 1600-1700 anyway (my bmr + cals burned) i burn around 300-400 usually on the workouts even though i work my butt off because im already light. But there is a lot of conflicting information on forums. i should stop reading them lol.