100 pounds down! So close!

Options
Khisalandra
Khisalandra Posts: 100 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
It's been a very long journey. In 2002 I weighed in at 295 pounds. The heaviest I'd ever been. I've been trying since then to lose the weight. I had many ups and downs, and a lot of backtracking... but over the last 4.5 years progress has been mostly steady. And the last two years have been almost all progress.

Still have at least 30 pounds to go to my initial goal weight... but the progress pics are mind boggling to me at this point.

The first is me at my heaviest... April of 2002, dressed for my sister's wedding.
661ba53bccf9e56d6be50103aace29013796.jpg

This picture is me actually about a month ago at around 204, but I don't have a pic from today. It's close enough. :disappointed:
661b42705fb820286f1aeba6900202eebe1e.jpg

Can't wait to see how I look in 30 more pounds! :)

Replies

• sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    What an amazing difference. I think its really great that you are losing over a span of years. Not much chance of gaining it back, I'd say!
  • BrookeSmith0425
    BrookeSmith0425 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is amazing congratulations!! How in the world did you do it? My problem is I sit at a desk, and when I go home I have 3 kids and never get time to exercise or eat right :( So I always feel like giving up on loosing weight with the thought it will never happen
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Hubba Hubba, woman, you look great!!
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Great loss so far.
    You show, that the "not giving up" is the most important one!
    You can be very proud of you.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Wow, so impressive and gorgeous! I can't believe you're 204 in that pic, I would have guessed much lower by looking at you.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Wow, so impressive and gorgeous! I can't believe you're 204 in that pic, I would have guessed much lower by looking at you.

That was my thought exactly!
  • Khisalandra
    Options
    That is amazing congratulations!! How in the world did you do it? My problem is I sit at a desk, and when I go home I have 3 kids and never get time to exercise or eat right :( So I always feel like giving up on loosing weight with the thought it will never happen

Most of what I did was just simple stuff. Cut my calories down to 1600 a day and tried to exercise even just by walking from the back of the parking lot or getting up and walking around the block. Putting on music and dancing and singing while cleaning helped too.

It takes a lot of time, and a lot of back and forth... but it's worth it. :)
  • Khisalandra
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »

That was my thought exactly!

:) Thanks guys. I'm lucky that at 5'10 I'm tall enough to carry more weight and not have people guess as high as I really am.
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can't believe that the first picture is 12 years ago - you look younger in the recent pic than in the first one!!! Never mind the weight loss, you should write a book on how to 'lose the years'!!!!
  • MelanieMamaof5
    MelanieMamaof5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wow....I find your perseverance inspiring. Life is full of ups and downs, right? It's those who don't give up that are the winners in the end. The plus side too is that you look awesome!
  • Crystl3
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look amazing! :D
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!!!! :)
  • Khisalandra
    Options
    0067808 wrote: »
    Can't believe that the first picture is 12 years ago - you look younger in the recent pic than in the first one!!! Never mind the weight loss, you should write a book on how to 'lose the years'!!!!

hahahah I wish I knew what I did to look younger. I definitely FEEL better. Maybe it's just a really good pic. ;)
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Woo! Very Marilyn Monroe-esque in the second pic. ;) Well done!
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job WTG!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! Congratulations!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,203 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You look fantastic! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, not just on the total number pounds loss but the sheer number of days you have invested in yourself so far. You look great!
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Just WOW!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!