How would I log a finger-lick

Options
I was making my son a PB&J and got jam on my finger. Out of habit I licked it off. I'm trying to be very accountable for EVERY calorie I take in, so, how or do I log that? Or am I being crazy? Lol Help!

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'll take crazy for 500, Alex.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ~mmmmmmMmmmmMmmmm

zMMMMMMMMmmmmmMmmmm 0 cals<==== like that.

Wait did you mean your own finger?
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I'd probably log it as one gram.
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    weigh your clean hand on a scale, then put jam on your finger and re-weigh your hand. Once you have figured out your jam-to-finger ratio, and how many calories that would be, you can log it as twice the amount to account for the previous jam-fingers.

Hopefully someone else can think of a more sane suggestion.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I was making my son a PB&J and got jam on my finger. Out of habit I licked it off. I'm trying to be very accountable for EVERY calorie I take in, so, how or do I log that? Or am I being crazy? Lol Help!

You're being crazy.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    one lick at a time
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    calm down and step away from the food log
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    SciranBG wrote: »
    weigh your clean hand on a scale, then put jam on your finger and re-weigh your hand. Once you have figured out your jam-to-finger ratio, and how many calories that would be, you can log it as twice the amount to account for the previous jam-fingers.

No I think you nailed it.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think you are being crazy but if you want to log it you could look at the calories in a serving of the jam and just put in the calories for 1/4 of a serving of jam. It will probably be something like 8 calories which is probably more than you had in a tiny drop of jam. You could log it if you think less than 8 calories is going to really impact you.
  • vgravedo
    Options
    Eh, just walk around your house 1x and call it good
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options

/thread
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    vgravedo wrote: »
    Eh, just walk around your house 1x and call it good

^this or quick add 15 cal
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    700 calories. More than if you just made yourself the sandwich. :|
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Crazy. Your punishment is 10 jumping jacks and add 5 quick add calories to your diary.

Edited - oh wait I thought you licked peanut butter - for jam it is 3 jumping jacks and 2 quick adds. :)
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Log it as cardio... oh wait, you weren't talking about that kind of finger lick.
  • 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Crazy, but, if you post in a few weeks saying that this isn't working and you weighed everything, well...you'll be the first I believe. :P
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I'll take crazy for 500, Alex.

suck-it-trebek.gif

But uh, yeah, logging a "finger lick" is getting into the crazy territory. Unless of course you consume all your calories a single finger lick at a time.

This all sounds so horribly wrong.
  • leslieraeann
    Options
    Thanks for all the friendly advice lol I guess I'm really going overkill this time around because I'm so tired of being fat and this is the longest I've ever commited, a measly 5 days. But so far I've lost 5 pounds so what I'm doing is working! Thanks:)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options

Above would work.

However IMO a sane solution is to ignore it and move on or log it as a tiny guestimate amount like 5 grams.

In reality you won't be able to log everything to the exact calorie degree anyway.