Stretch marks. *gag*

Options
I'm guessing that because I gained so much weight in such a short amount of time, I developed stretch marks. :/

Question is.... Has any one seen actual results with any types of lotions and whatnot that have actually helped to make them less noticeable?

2i1h4bb.jpg

Replies

• jennlco
    jennlco Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try Palmers Cocoa Butter and if you are in the UK, Boots pharmacy do a serum that works on scars and marks etc :) I am sure they will disappear.. you just need to show em some attention for a while!! Good Luck
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would like an answer to this too!
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    I've been using the Vaseline Cocoa Butter butter, but I can't stand the smell of it. LOL I will try Palmers!
  • sezp
    sezp Posts: 69
    Options
    Try Palmers Cocoa Butter and if you are in the UK, Boots pharmacy do a serum that works on scars and marks etc :) I am sure they will disappear.. you just need to show em some attention for a while!! Good Luck

Hey, so I have stretch marks, but they're all faded and white now. Do those serums work on hiding them once they are white? I always wondered about this as I would love to make mine more invisible.
  • mirapaigew
    Options

Hey, so I have stretch marks, but they're all faded and white now. Do those serums work on hiding them once they are white? I always wondered about this as I would love to make mine more invisible.

I'd be curious to know that, as well! The more I tan, the more white mine seem to turn.
  • mirapaigew
    Options
    Anyone tried Tretinoin?

"Tretinoin is most commonly used as a form of acne treatment.[1] It was the first retinoid developed for this type of topical use. Tretinoin is the best studied retinoid in the treatment of photoaging.[2] It is used by some as a hair loss treatment and also a component of many commercial products that are advertised as being able to slow skin aging or remove wrinkles. Topical tretinoin is also used to treat and reduce the appearance of stretch marks by increasing collagen production in the dermis.[3]"
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I've used bio oil before on scars and it's worked really well for that. I've heard it works better for stretchmarks but the newer they are the more they'll fade so any really old ones that have long turned white it may not work as well for.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    "...We (real men) ain't got no time to be worryin' 'bout ... stretch marks. We know they either came from one of two things: Either you was big and got small...or you was small and got big. Either way, we f***in'. Either way!" - Katt Williams, Comedian (and Man After My Own ♥)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That said, coconut oil seems to help. :)
  • jilliankasha
    jilliankasha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEOmppsx0Cc

Shea butter and coconut oil are great ...but you need non-protrolum base!! Good luckk
  • mirapaigew
    Options
    "...We (real men) ain't got no time to be worryin' 'bout ... stretch marks. We know they either came from one of two things: Either you was big and got small...or you was small and got big. Either way, we f***in'. Either way!" - Katt Williams, Comedian (and Man After My Own ♥)

hahahahah! He's hilarious!!

Your pic says you're 5'2"? I think we started around the same. haha You started at 235.. I started at 225 and I'm 5'3". You look great, girl!
  • mirapaigew
    Options
    I'll see if I can find some coconut oil!!!
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Thx!

And yeah, organic, unrefined, extra-virgin coconut oil is best. You can use it for all sorts of wonderful things, too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/McKayMachina/view/coconut-oil-10-uses-for-this-miracle-elixir-88556
  • mirapaigew
    Options
    Thx!

And yeah, organic, unrefined, extra-virgin coconut oil is best. You can use it for all sorts of wonderful things, too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/McKayMachina/view/coconut-oil-10-uses-for-this-miracle-elixir-88556

Holy cow, teeth whitening?!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Holy cow, teeth whitening?!

Seriously. I get compliments on my teeth all the time and I don't bleach. If you search "oil-pulling" on youtube, there are tons of how-to videos. :) But it's basically just swishing a 1/2 tbsp. of coconut oil for as long as you can, up to 20-minutes, through your teeth, in every possible crevice and spitting it out, then brushing as usual. ;)
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Thx!

Great blog post! I need to find some coconut oil!
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options

Hahah, Katt Williams. <3
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I've had three children and have lots of stretch marks. I've never found anything which makes them any less apparent, other than time, being slimmer, and clothing!

The husband of one of my chums once looked all doe-eyed at his wife, patted her tummy, and said...

"I like them. Our children came from there - they are lines of love"

I almost vommed! :laugh:
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    very interesting gonna try the oil and the other might suit my daughters acne.
  • tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I also use palmers coco butter for stretch marks, it really helps to just take care of the skin. They won't go away(you should see mine YIKES!!!!) but they will look better and fade. I get asked if I have been burned all the time from the stretch marks on my arms, my arms are well defined with muscle now and when people see the stretch marks they just think I was burned. They never believe me that I weight 262lbs. But I wear them with pride it reminds me what I don't want to go back to.