Oooo err, BBQ mishaps!

Options
natajane
natajane Posts: 295 Member
Hello Peoples!

I had a BBQ last night with my family, to celebrate the Royal Wedding.

I've just typed everything that I ate into my diary just now, and it was pretty painful! I ate about 2500 cals - I should be eating 1500 cals to lose weight so I'm 1000 over.

Can I cut down my calories over the next couple of days to make up for it? Whats the best way to do it?

I reckon I could cut 300 cals off today and exercise 200 cals, cut 200cals off my food tomorrow (another BBQ to go to though - just planned out what I could eat that day) and cut another 300cals off my food on Monday.

Is that an alright pace of cutting back or would today be too extreme, ie should I spread my 'cut back' out over 4 days?

Eating out always ruins my dieting process! I need to concentrate harder at these occasions.

Nat x

Replies

• RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Probably better to do it over the week in small chunks then in two days. I personally write those days off and start the next day as normal. My body seems to love me being good for a few weeks and then having an off day. It confuses it. Had a really bad weekend with two bbqs Easter weekend and still lost 4lb instead of my 1lb target. End of the day do what you think is right.
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Probably better to do it over the week in small chunks then in two days. I personally write those days off and start the next day as normal. My body seems to love me being good for a few weeks and then having an off day. It confuses it.

Totally agree with this!!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just go back to good eating. I wouldn't worry about trying to make up for it. Today is a new day. Forgive yourself and move on. If you try to make up for it you may get too hungry and make bad choices. Everyone has high cal days, it's part of life.
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree, just write it off as a bad day, keep goin and see what difference it makes next time you have a weigh-in :D
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I occassionally have high calories days as well and I think the best thing to do is to forget it and move on to doing better the next day! One day isn't going to to do much damage unless you continue eating like that. Start fresh the next day and forgive yourself. Even with my high caloire days, and I do it often, i am still losing 2 plus pounds a week, just make sure you are still exercising! Good luck and keep on moving forward, every little bit of good change helps a lot!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I've just been reading a post about eating back exercise calories and it has occurred to me that I haven't been eating all of mine back - I lost 6lbs the first week, then only 1lb the 2nd week despite eating bang on my calories and exerciing. That could have been my downfall!

So like a few of you have said it will probably have done me good to have eaten over yesterday. I've just been for a walk in the sunshine and burnt about 400 calsas well, so I'll call yesterday quits now.

Nat x