Thanksgiving Day Menu- low carb/keto

Options
2»

Replies

• ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone- I'm thinking of making up a keto/low-carb Thanksgiving day menu. My ideas are listed below. What are your ideas for decadent and doable Thanksgiving day meals, sides or desserts? (btw, most of this will be from a Costco shopping trip.)

- Beef Pot Roast
    - Creamed spinach
    - Fried avocado and zucchini
    - Cheesy mashed cauliflower
    - Mini cucumber rounds with Boursin cheese
    - Almond buns with garlic herb butter
    - Deviled eggs
    - Spiced walnuts (for snacking)
    - Individual mug cakes with pumpkin spiced whipped cream for dessert

I don't think I'll be missing carbs much!

Sound delicious!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I am a fellow keto-er, although my Thanksgiving menu was hardly ketogenic. :) Looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving!
  • heidimmto
    heidimmto Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Any good keto stuffing recipes??? No hard-to-get ingredientes, please! :)
  • warriorguy
    Options
    I always am asked to baked my butterhorns, a yeast iced roll.
  • sarahjane135
    sarahjane135 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Holidays are the stuff that your life memories are made of. No one will remember how good mom's *kitten* looked on Thanksgiving but everyone will remember trying to pretend cauliflower is potatoes. No one gets fat in one day so just relax and enjoy yourself.
  • independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Holidays are the stuff that your life memories are made of. No one will remember how good mom's *kitten* looked on Thanksgiving but everyone will remember trying to pretend cauliflower is potatoes. No one gets fat in one day so just relax and enjoy yourself.

^^^ and this philosophy on life/diet is exactly why I'm fat. :wink:

There are 365 "just one day's" in a year.
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    imzadi481 wrote: »

I'm also adding in cranberries, but the out of a can kind because that's the kind I grew up with and I LIKE IT, DAMMIT!

It's the best! And it has to make that swooshing sound when sliding out of the can!

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it!!!!!
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hey everyone- I'm thinking of making up a keto/low-carb Thanksgiving day menu. My ideas are listed below. What are your ideas for decadent and doable Thanksgiving day meals, sides or desserts? (btw, most of this will be from a Costco shopping trip.)

- Beef Pot Roast
    - Creamed spinach
    - Fried avocado and zucchini
    - Cheesy mashed cauliflower
    - Mini cucumber rounds with Boursin cheese
    - Almond buns with garlic herb butter
    - Deviled eggs
    - Spiced walnuts (for snacking)
    - Individual mug cakes with pumpkin spiced whipped cream for dessert

I don't think I'll be missing carbs much!

The only thing that would draw me there is the deviled eggs. Unless there was a medical reason I couldn't have roasted turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, corn casserole, crescent rolls, cranberry & dried cherry sauce and pumpkin pie or pecan pie with fresh whipped cream - I would give up low carb/keto for the day.
  • SuninVirgo
    SuninVirgo Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, don't listen to the downers
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Op...your menu is awesome...have fun!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    AWESOME. With many family members who are low carb/gluten free/keto because of diabetes, celiac, or epilepsy, this is awesome. This holiday can be very stressful for those with diet restrictions because family members aren't sensitive enough to cook foods they can eat! Love all of the ideas. Inviting to all. If someone brings more traditional dishes, they're welcome to! These are just ideas for those who can't go that route. Love.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Sounds good...I just think keto is weird and completely unnecessary...and I would seriously be missing turkey.

If for some weird reason I decided carbs were the devil, this would be fine...but carbs really aren't the devil and I eat them all the time.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Sounds good...I just think keto is weird and completely unnecessary...and I would seriously be missing turkey.

If for some weird reason I decided carbs were the devil, this would be fine...but carbs really aren't the devil and I eat them all the time.

I have not met or encountered anyone doing keto who considers carbs the devil. This overgeneralization by those who are anti keto is unwarranted.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Dave198lbs wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I have not met or encountered anyone doing keto who considers carbs the devil. This overgeneralization by those who are anti keto is unwarranted.

+1,000

Carbs aren't the devil. I just choose not to eat a lot of them. I feel better when I don't. How is that weird? I just found what worked for me. Not weird, smart.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty good sounding menu.

Explain fried avocado to me. Use small words.
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If I were to eat the low carb/keto Thanksgiving dinner and the Traditional Thanksgiving dinner all in one day would they cancel each other out?......cause it all sounds pretty yummy to me!! Lol!!