help, i am gaining weight when

Options
eating my maintenance calories. i am near goal and zigzag my calories. maintenance calories are currently 1850 a day, yest i ate 1847 and have gained 1.2lb overnight!! on thur i only ate 1000 calories and saw a 2.2lb loss in 24hrs! am so confused.
do i continue to eat maintenance calories or do i lower them by a hundred or so?? i am also breast feeding which isn't counted for and i presummed i should be eating an extra 200-300 due to that. but even though i am bfeast feeding and eating maintenance levels, i see a gain. i only lose if i eat 1000 calories every day, one high day and it is out the window.

help

laura

Replies

• shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    If it is a one day gain, don't sweat it. It could just be fluid. Give it a couple of days and see how it goes. Then decide if you need to cut back a little. Don't panic yet. :)
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    thing is tonight i am having a "girls" night out, first night out since baby was born (she 17 months) we are going for a meal, and i know with this mornings gain tomorrow i will be at least 3lb up. i will try and choose the healthy option but everyone assums i will be drinking hence why i ain't driving and the others are. i know they all think i should go and eat a pie because i have been told that i look like i don't eat and i am beady eyed!!? i have tried so hard to get from 17 stone+ to my current weight of lower 9 stone.
    what will be will be, one night should be enjoyed but i am a born worrier

thanks all

laura
  • mrsnat25
    mrsnat25 Posts: 3
    Options
    hey i am also breastfeeding and wasnt sure whether i should be eating more or not! your body can generally loose or gain 2.2lb with in a 24hr period. this is why they say to way yourself once a week which is so hard when your trying to loose weight,. x
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i would try your maintenance cals for a whole week atleast before deciding if it works or not. As for the girls night out. go out and enjoy it and eat/drink what you want for the night just dont overdo it. Add a little exercise before hand. I believe you are meant to add more cals for breast feeding, but I think it does also coincide with how many times a day you are feeding
  • mrsnat25
    mrsnat25 Posts: 3
    Options
    oh i dont know as long as i loose lol,,, i feed 3 times a day and about 3 a night my baby just turned 7 months and being a pickle with the teething lol x
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    Snap!!but i have found mine is cos after joining this site i realised i wasnt eatting enough at all for the exercise i was doing!!Bit also hun ya shouldntb get weighed too often its very counter productive!!My doctor told me once a month is better or even to throw the scales out and just measure!!Cant do that tho lol so now i get weighed every 2-3 weeks and yes its killed me cos i go to teh bathroom n see teh scales and am dying to get on em but i do stay away!!