Quick Lunches for a Hairdresser on the GO GO GO!

Options
Hey Everyone!

I am currently on the search for some make ahead recipes that I can prepare about a week ahead of time to take to work. I'm really in need of something that would be easy to eat quickly when I can only grab a bite here and there. I am a hairdresser and work in a fast paced salon. Sometimes, taking the time to heat and prep food is simply not an option. And grabbing crackers and junk food is certainly not helping me by any means. If any of you have any favorite wraps or sandwich type meals I could prep in advance and take a bite out of when I have time would be great! OR even your favorite, filling, meal replacement would be amazing too! (NO to Shakeology and Slim fast) Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Replies

• RCfleebo
    RCfleebo Posts: 5
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I really like the nutrition and flavor of Amazing Meal protein powder. I put it in a clean, dry shaker bottle with a spoonful of fiber (I use psyllium husk) in the morning and bring it with me. I can add my almond milk, shake it up, down it, and be back to work in less than 5 minutes. It takes the edge off my hunger and gives me lots of good energy for about 3 hours. You can buy it online at LuckyVitamin or if you live near a Whole Foods, they sell individual packets, so you can try the different flavors. I like café mocha and vanilla chi the best.

I also like to make a bunch of hard boiled eggs at the beginning of the week. I peal one or two each morning to have on hand when I need a snack. Individual packets of almonds are nice when you want something salty.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    CMomma23 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

I am currently on the search for some make ahead recipes that I can prepare about a week ahead of time to take to work. I'm really in need of something that would be easy to eat quickly when I can only grab a bite here and there. I am a hairdresser and work in a fast paced salon. Sometimes, taking the time to heat and prep food is simply not an option. And grabbing crackers and junk food is certainly not helping me by any means. If any of you have any favorite wraps or sandwich type meals I could prep in advance and take a bite out of when I have time would be great! OR even your favorite, filling, meal replacement would be amazing too! (NO to Shakeology and Slim fast) Thank you so much in advance!!!!

Cheese and crackers can be a good way to cram in all your macros into one meal, especially if you're busy. You can premake some chicken salad to dollop onto them, or pack deli cheese with a deli meat or pepperoni to stack on top of them. I'm a big fan of the stone wheat crackers, or anything whole grain.

Another quick option could be a cup of soup; heat it up in the microwave in a coffee mug, and sip away at it in between clients.

Hope this helps!
  • thatswhatshesaiddd
    Options
    For quick, no mess lunches I will eat a pink salmon packet mixed with 100 cal wholly guacamole. Dip veggies in it.
  • hiswaywardgirl
    Options
    Beef or turkey jerky is a healthy no-prep snack. :)
  • zeus3091
    zeus3091 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wrap turkey or tuna in a lettuce leaf with cheese and mustard.. I have pickles on hand too. I'm in the same situation as you. I usually leave fixings at work and throw together when I can. Otherwise pre made tuna it chicken with lite mayo in a dish helps with protein intake. I eat a couple bites and run back to the floor. Good luck!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    For quick, no mess lunches I will eat a pink salmon packet mixed with 100 cal wholly guacamole. Dip veggies in it.

i am so trying this! yum!