sweat induced eczema

Options
Hi,
I've been getting eczema on my eyelids!

As soon as I sweat when exercising, my eyelids sting and become red, dry and itchy for a few days! I've tried barrier creams and don't know what else to do - I have looked at other possible contributing factors such as diet and cosmetics but am convinced it's the sweat! Yuk!

Does anyone have any experience of this or ideas as to what I can do to help the situation?

Thanks

Replies

• GiGGiTy3434
    GiGGiTy3434 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know all about this. I get it on my chest during the summer when I golf alot. It's actually a yeast infection. While my wife was at her doctor awhile back, she asked her about the rash when I sweat and she said it is a yeast infection.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Is it sweat being produced on that bit of skin or running down from your forhead? You could try a head band to catch it.
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've had eczema my whole life. My eyelids do the same thing and I'm convinced it is the eczema because just regular lotion doesn't help. I just put OTC hydrocortisone on them when I'm done and try and keep it out of my eyeballs! I'm also having an issue where my HRM strap goes around my chest as I'm breaking out there as well. I don't really have any other advice as there is no cure but I feel you pain, literally!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to use vaseline instead of a cream and a headband?
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Thanks all - I think a headband will help and can't believe I didn't think of it!! I ad some vaseline and have put that on and it has soothed it and protected it from the wind thins morning, will see if it helps when I work out later!

Thanks very much for replying everyone!

ps JBDiNos - I had a yeast infection on my arm last summer and it was worse when I worked out- the doctor gave me caniston and it cleared it up! It was raised and itchy but felt different to this!
  • Lucy177
    Options
    I have also had eczema all my life. I have also started to have dermatitis on my hands. It's got much better since I switched from cordial which has sulphites in it to diluted fruit juice. However my eye lids are very sore and sting after running. For the last three years the doctor told me to use eumovate cream on my eye lids eventhough the pharmacist was horrified to hear this. When I got conjunctivitis the pharmacist told me I had blepharitis which is an infection of the eyelashes under the eye lid. The doctor confirmed this. My eyelids have been sore for three years and I don't feel like my doctor has cared for me properly and picked up on this before, plus my eye lids are damaged from using eumovate. It's time to put the pressure on my doctor. My eyelids are so sore when they get sweat on them. I want advice about how to care for the skin on my eye lids and allergy advice for eczema and dermatitis.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Go see your doctor, he'll prescribe a cream that will get rid of it quite well.
  • Lucy177
    Options
    I will. Thank you! I tried the headband today. I ran nearly 17 miles and my eyes were fine. I even forgot I had it on and it did nt annoy me at all . The headphone wires annoy me more its like running with a necklace on. I don't know how Bolt does it! Thanks so much for the brilliant advice!