Diamonds in the Rough - 7 Week Challenge [Week 7]

miss_jamaica
miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
YOU DID IT! Congratulations Diamonds on making through seven weeks of the Diamonds in the Rough challenge!

Together we have stumbled, succeeded, and most importantly persevered. Let's face it, if losing weight were easy everyone would be in shape. This is a hard fought battle, but the rewards we reap are sweet indeed. About half of you made it to the end of this challenge, still committed to making a positive change. If you are reading this, you are probably a part of that group and let me tell you this.

It was worth it.

How do I know? Simple. Those of you who stuck to the challenge are STILL HERE. Some of you are already kicking butt in Round 2 of the Challenge. Many who didn't stick to the challenge not only don't get to celebrate with us, but they are not logging in regularly and are not having the same type of success. So, the truth is that this challenge WORKED. It got us to stick to our goals despite the difficulty, and that's really what this was all about.

For too long many of you have been in the shadows. You hide because of your weight, you step aside so that your children can shine, you sacrifice it all, but you "don't take time to sharpen the axe" as my mother would say. So, I would like to encourage you all to bask in the glow of your success and to shine for those who still live in the shadows.

Okay, I will step down from my soap box and give you ONE LAST list of winning losers for Diamonds in the Rough, ROUND 1.

ElleJay221 - Our girl Elle lost 0.8 pounds. Go girl!
Jwill10 - Congrats Janice on losing 2 pounds :-)
Baypathgrad - 2.2 pounds! WOOP! Great job Lyndsey!
Miss_Jamaica - 0.8 pounds Yay me :-)
catsdogsandkids - 3 pounds! Go Stacy!

Congratulations to my lovely Diamonds and my amazing winning losers! It has truly been a pleasure getting to know you guys!

Diamonds in the Rough Guidelines:

- Write as much as possible when writing to your buddy and in the forum, we are in this together!
- Please MESSAGE me (karlajamaica) your weight LOSS on or before Monday of each week. Any day is fine.
- Support, support, support! Who can’t use a home court advantage? Let’s cheer each other on!

IMPORTANT NOTE

In order to maintain some order on the forum, I will close the forum and start a new one every Monday. So, look for “Diamonds in the Rough – Week 1” etc. each week.

Team 1
Khalilah (bballgrrl34) – 11 lbs
Sarah (SarahRuth)– 14.4 lbs

Team 2
Jamaica (karlajamaica) – 10 lbs
Jackie (jacks90) – 5 lbs (2 wk goal)

Team 3
ElleJay (ElleJay221) – 10 lbs
Lyndsey (baypathgrad) – 10 lbs

Team 4
Kathy (kkmark) – 10 lbs
Falicia (morefitmom) – 10 lbs

Team 5
Jessica (Lailah28) – 15 lbs
Janice (jwill10) – 14 lbs

Team 6
Shalon (Shallo) – 10-14 lbs
Emily/Em (Emilyanne6081) – 10-15 lbs

Team 7
Stacy (catsdogsandkids) – 10 lbs
Fi (Fifibox) - 1 kilo/wk (2.2 lbs/wk)

Team 8
Sara (SAWyland) – 10 lbs
Steph (Robes) – 10 lbs

Team 9
April (GoGettmGirl1419) – 12-15 lbs
Brittany (haydan7707) – 10 lbs

Replies

• ladynila
    ladynila Posts: 8
    Hello, my name is LadyNila. If it isn't too late, I am interested in your challenge. What are your guidelines? Do I need another member to create a Team?
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Okay, so I'm fairly new to this site (checked it out in January but major move, new job, etc. and now I'm been back for a couple of weeks and this is the first time I've heard of this. Can I join? I want to play LOL. Thanks and please let me know so I can befriend everyone. I need some accountability and group support. Thanks! I just did my weigh in this morning (Saturday) and lost .5 pounds this week and 2% body fat.
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 559 Member
    Congratulations to all the loosers Go Stacy good 3 lbs wowo

Go Diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss jamaica are will still continuing this challenge juts want to make sure.:happy:

Kathy
  • The Sign-Ups for round 2 have already been finished from what I understand.
  • miss_jamaica
    The Sign-Ups for round 2 have already been finished from what I understand.

Chase is right. Unfortunately we are at capacity for Round 2. I want to be fair to the people already on our waiting list, so I will say that the waiting list is full too. However, I encourage your guys to start a challenge or join one in progress! There are several on this site, Diamonds in the Rough is just ONE! :-)

Happy slimming!
  • miss_jamaica
    Congratulations to all the loosers Go Stacy good 3 lbs wowo

Go Diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss jamaica are will still continuing this challenge juts want to make sure.:happy:

Kathy

Yes! Absolutely! ...I need your starting weight!
  • kkmark
    kkmark Posts: 559 Member
    Miss Jamaica

I messaged you my starting weight for round 1
    Kathy
This discussion has been closed.