If you're in a job that requires some manual labor how exact

Options
When I check out the daily log and it requires the exercise input, I usually put "light cleaning, moderate effort" for the slot. Though, the problem stems from working 8 hours a day, but excluding some time off from the regular 8 because i'm not always moving or cleaning for my shift at work. So I usually end up putting around 180 minutes of light cleaning which usually totals me out to burning 900 calories, but I feel like that's undervaluing my actual minutes total. 180 minutes equates to an hour and a half of work, when in reality I might have been doing double the time. Stuff life putting up inventory, taking sales transactions, cleaning, etc.... So how do I go about this?

Replies

• andyj1984
    andyj1984 Posts: 76
    Options
    If this is your regular job, instead of logging it as exercise, you should instead change your profile to Lightly Active, or even Active, depending on how much stuff you generally do at work. This will then change your daily calorie allowance.

I only log exercise for stuff that is done specifically for exercise (eg not part of my normal working routine), for example a 60 minute cycle ride. Anything done at work is covered by my lifestyle setting.
  • andyj1984
    andyj1984 Posts: 76
    Options
    Ooops, didn't mean to quote!
  • DeathEmpr
    DeathEmpr Posts: 17
    Options
    Hmm, well that's interesting and I believe I've set my account on lightly active. Then, I might have to adjust some things then.