I'm starving!

Options
Well, I made it through day 1. Around 9pm I was starving! Had a yogurt & I'm calling it a night! Hope I can keep it up.

Replies

• StrawberryDrip
    Options
    Don't give up! The first few days where hell but soon enough you won't be able to eat as much as you use to because your stomach shrank
  • jentidd
    jentidd Posts: 80
    Options
    hooray for more good days!
  • Felicia71
    Felicia71 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.
  • BettrFastrStrongr
    BettrFastrStrongr Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What StrawberryDrIp said!

I felt the same way. It took me a good 3 days for my stomach to adjust, it may take a week, but it will happen quicker than you think.
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    how many calories have you eaten today. you want to eat at least 1200 NET calories a day. so if you exercise you get to eat more calories.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    The first few days are the hardest, but I promise it will get better. Remember to eat your meals slowly to give your brain a chance to register that you are full. Also, drink losts of water which will again help you feel full. You can do it!
  • MeAfter30
    MeAfter30 Posts: 129
    Options
    The first day is the hardest!! Way to sick with it! Yea!!
  • dylanco
    dylanco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I heard a doctor say if you're not hungry all the time you're eating too much to lose weight. Keep it up! It'll work!

6199072.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be starving. I suggest that you gradually reduce your calories so you don't stress your body. And you should be eating the recommended amount after it factors in your exercise for the day. A healthy body begins with proper nutrition.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You might want to try to find some really low calorie foods that you like that will fill you up for when you're truly hungry. It's also hard at first to distinguish between stomach hungry and mind hungry (where you just want to eat, but your stomach isn't actually rumbling). I still struggle with this, especially at night. Salad with fat free dressing, broth based veggie soup, air-popped popcorn without butter, and raw veggies are all things I try to have around for when I'm truly hungry but out of calories for the day.
  • Felicia71
    Options
    I've had 1153 cal today. I know as the days go on it gets easier. thanks
  • GypsyWagon
    GypsyWagon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A cup of hot green tea really helped me get through the first week of not snacking in the evenings...plus, it revs up your metabolism. Grab a decaf one if you have trouble sleeping and good luck!
  • Felicia71
    Options
    Great idea! I love green tea. Going to make some now. Thanks:tongue:
  • ChinniP
    ChinniP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've had 1153 cal today. I know as the days go on it gets easier. thanks

Net or total? That's not enough!
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I heard a doctor say if you're not hungry all the time you're eating too much to lose weight. Keep it up! It'll work!

Ummm, seriously? What was s/he a doctor of? This is not good advice. Being hungry during your adjustment time is one thing, but eating a lot of low cal/ high nutrient foods should leave you full and increase weight loss. I would be very skeptical of a doctor offering this type of advice.
  • Felicia71
    Options
    Total. It's only 47 calories short of 1200?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Watch your sugar intake. Sugar increases your appetite.

It scary how much sugar food manufacturers put into things that are sold as "real foods"

most yogurt has a ton of sugar in it.

You'll get the hang of it and find out what works for you.
    Good Luck
  • Felicia71
    Options
    Good point. How many grams of sugar am I supposed to have in a day?
  • xxluvcupcakesxx
    Options
    that depends on your calorie intake.
  • Laura2201
    Options
    Hi guys newbie here and finding it really hard. I am really hungry and craving sweet things! walked 5 miles on Thur, hoping to do same again tomorrow. Been going to the gym lots and i burnt 1000 calories in a 2 hour session last week. Am motivated but im just feeling hungry all the time as ive always had a massive appetitie :( any advice?

Laura