Hello everyone! 3rd time's a charm??

Options
My name is DJ ...

... and this will be 3rd and final attempt to lose weight.
For the last 7 years, I have been over 300 lbs 75% of the time. I haven't been under 200 lbs in (about) 17 years. About 4 months ago, my weight hit a shocking 317 lbs.

My goal weight is 180 lbs. (as of today... 122 lbs to lose)

The first weight loss attempt was in 2008. I tipped the scale at 302 lbs. Through Nutri-System and consistent exercise, I cut down to 219 lbs. Then I let downers of life get the better of me. Simply, I gave up and let myself ago again.

The next weight loss attempt was in 2012. I tipped the scale at 310 lbs. Again, through Nutri-System and exercise, I cut down to 247 lbs. And, again, I let the downers (bigger downers this time) of life get the better of me and I gave up.

Now it's 2014. On Oct. 24th I weighed 309 lbs. Today, Nov. 7th, I weigh 302 lbs. I would like to think this loss of 7 lbs came from not eating junk food, processed sugars, drinking more water and conscientiously eating smarter. Though it is a very small amount of progress, I am feeling better and want to keep this rolling.

And this is why I joined myfitnesspal.

Also because my really great buddy is on this app/site and he'll drop the hammer on me.

Why do I want to get in shape??

1. I was as surfer. I really miss surfing. And surfing is hard when you're fat.
2. I'm tired of wearing "fat clothes". I have a couple bags of clothes from when I was "in shape" and would like to wear those clothes again.
3. Of course, to feel healthier and look healthier.
4. To be an example and perhaps inspire others when they see my results.
5. I want to calm the minds of the people whom love and worry about me. Especially, my Mom.
6. For that sense of "mission accomplished". This has always been my biggest challenge. And I want to destroy it.

This will be done.

Good luck everyone!

- DJ

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Good luck buddy. You can do this.
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great list and welcome back!

You've got this. =D
  • lunalee84
    lunalee84 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    This is your time, and you will be able to do this. Slow, steady and be consistent.
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good on you - you got this!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    failure is only bad if you give up! you can do this!!!! I'm glad you're still in the game!!!
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Finally a fellow Southern Californian. Third time is the charm. Feel free to add me if you need some extra motivation.
  • thoyamma
    thoyamma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    3rd time...yes... it always works.... all the best.... u can do it...... even if u have bad days...its OK...just be around and try making better choices.... u can sooooo do it.
  • peachie2013
    peachie2013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitness pal, it has been very helpful to me to have support along my journey to get healthier!
  • Cmem831
    Cmem831 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Surf or bust ! :D
  • theycallmearth
    theycallmearth Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That is a really good list of reasons for why you want to get in shape. When times get tough and you feel tempted to give up, look back on that list. It can serve as great motivation to stay the course.

Good luck to you!
  • jessicalindly11
    jessicalindly11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! We will be here to support you along the way. It is an AMAZING community!!
  • DJ_1977
    DJ_1977 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to thank all of you for taking a moment and dropping me a line with words of encouragement.

Such a great first impression of the myfitnesspal community!

Thank you!