30 day shred - really starting to hurt my knees?!

Options
i'm loving the 30 day shred, despite it being a killer exercise routine its showing me fab results already. problem is, every day when i wake up, i ache like crazy! And i can take a bit of aching, i realise thats all part of the programme, but my knees are so sore i can hardly walk! Somehow i dont think this is what is supposed to happen, anyone experiencing the same thing, or have any tips on how i can sort this out without giving up the dvd?

Replies

• shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    my knees didt like it one bit , i had to change some of the exercises , so for the jumping jacks i did standing jacks and the jump rope i did a jog on the spot instead this helped a lot with my knees so maybe modify the exercise's slightly to suit your needs
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I too change up some of the routines to compensate for my knees. I can't do the jumping exercises, so I will do punching, marching, or some cardio that does not put so much stress on the knees. I am slowly building stamina and can now tolerate some jumping jacks, etc...but as soon as the knees start wincing...I shift the exercise.
  • virgz_fox
    virgz_fox Posts: 26
    Options
    yeah.the shred made my knees hurt for a week. but i still pushed through with the workout sometimes modifying the moves.You'll get through with it as days will pass and see good results along with a healthy good diet. Good luck! I love JMs dvds.
  • pixycats
    pixycats Posts: 62
    Options
    The shred was what made my knees hurt so bad I couldn't walk after I had done it every day for a week. I ended up just deciding not to use it and substitute for the workouts I know won't hurt it. I think it was mostly the jumping jacks for me, but the jump rope might have contributed as well.

I did wear a knee brace for about a week and am now wearing it while I work out in general, so if you don't want to give it up, that might be a thought too.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It does hurt me too.
    One thing you can try is extending your prep and cool down before and after the video. Try doing extra knee circles and hip circles before the video. Then do more stretching after the video is done.