Light Headed???

Options
Is anyone else experiencing light headedness?? (hope spelling is right) I keep getting light headed almost every time I stand up. What's up with that?? i eat 1200 a day and work out at least 4 times a week. It's been going on for the past 2-3 weeks.

Replies

• Adudynski
    Adudynski Posts: 31
    Options
    happens to me too! But I deal with hypoglycemia.....however I think its normal for most people if they stand up to fast
  • cassiejoyy
    Options
    Are you drinking enough? Or maybe up your calorie intake.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    You may want to get your blood pressure or blood sugar checked. If it is every time you get up, I would think more your blood pressure. It may be a little to low.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    you said you work out 4x/week--are you eating back your exercise calories? you could also open your food diary so we can see what ur eating. people will be able to give you much more specific feedback if they can see exactly what u eat.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you are currently drinking a lot of water/fluids, your electrolytes may be low. I've fainted a few times in the past with no known cause and after talking to a few medical professionals, I realized that drinking too much water can be bad for you (In my case, a lot means over a gallon a day.) Who knew? Anyway if you are drinking a lot of fluids or sweating out a lot of the salt in your body, you may need to be more careful about replacing them ie. eating more salt or having some gatorade or something.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    are you SUDDENLY eating 1200?? what is your exercise calories burned total?

beucase you know youre supposed to (or maybe you dont know) but youre supposed to eat back at least some of what you burned off - ESPECIALLY if youre only at 1200...

so go to your page - what is your NET for tonight for example? if it doesnt say 1200 NET that explains it...

what does it say cause i can't see that page...

im just curious if maybe this is what's going on.
  • 2004Jessica
    2004Jessica Posts: 113
    Options
    DOCTOR. You may be borderline diabetic or something. :frown:
  • KayJayKing
    KayJayKing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You may be eating too few calories. Eating your 1200 may be what you need before you exercise, but you need to be consuming the calories you burn as well.

See, in order to lose one pound, you need to eat/burn 3500 calories less than you need to maintain your current weight. MFP calculates the calories you need in order to function, without exercising, then deducts those 3500 calories over the course of a week (if you plan to lose 1 pound a week). When you exercise, you're burning those calories your body is depending on to function. You need to be consuming the 1200 calories for each day AND the calories you burn in exercise.

Not doing so can really backfire, resulting in weight gain (as your body says 'hey, there's not enough energy here, I better save more') and health consquences.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    Hey. when I first started eating 1200 cals and not even reaching that (dumb) I was light headed for over a week. AND i was working out and not eating back my calories. I almost passed out a few times. I upped my Cals to 1310 and since then I feel much better. I also started drinking 8+ glasses of water. I haven't gotten dizzy in a while. Sometimes after a workout i do and I eat a nutragrain bar and I am fine.
  • willdrea1
    willdrea1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow!! Thanks you all for the feedback. I'd been so concerned about not eating too much. I didn't realize I should be eating BACK some of the calories I'd burned. I figured I ate my 1200 for the day (which sometimes is more like 1100 or a little less), then working out and burning between 600-800, leaving my net somewhere around 400 more or less! OK, so eat back some calories...check!

Thanks friends!
  • willdrea1
    willdrea1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Sooo...I just learned that not eating enough is bad...oops! Example: yesterday - My daily calorie goal is 1200. My food intake for the day was 950 calories, I burned 628, which left my net at 322. I work out Tues - Fri and my calories usually look like that more or less (I usually burn over 800 but no Zumba last night, only Elliptical). = Bad, no weight loss in the past two weeks :(
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    But now you know, and it's an easy fix - time to grub, lol