No more excuses, I'm getting started.

Options
Ten years ago I was in brilliant shape and teaching gymnastics, then I took a desk job. Now I'm 33, divorced and work full time with two kids in elementary school to support. I Need to loose 60+ lbs. I've never been motivated to exercise when it wasn't part of an activity I was doing. I've been managing asthma since I was 12 and got a Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis 7 years ago. So I'm sure you can imagine how falling asleep everytime I get overheated has helped that. Yeah, not so much.

So that makes me obese, weak and, according to last month's check-up Prediabetic to boot! Oh, Happy Day!

Ok, I get it. I can't keep pretending that I'm a teenager with a metabolism that lets me ignore my body. I need to get this under control and be a responsible adult. . . I really hate this responsible adult business.

I know where my problems are. Exercise and portion control. My diet is actually pretty healthy, but I want to eat all the food every time it's available. So MFP is pretty great because I can actually see what the food is worth and whether I really need that snack or second helping. And I found a beginners exercise program that makes me sweat but doesn't put me in a coma the rest of the day.

Now I could just use some encouragement in sticking with it, especially if I get discouraged by a realistic rate of weight loss. Or heaven forbid I stall and don't lose anything for a week or two! Lol

Replies

• LilaKatze02
    Options
    Hi- add me as a friend. I'm not entirely in the same boat as you but some health issues and lack of motivation to exercise has left me with some weight to lose as well. I'd like to help motivate you if you're ready to motivate me! lol
  • check1972
    check1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

You CAN do this.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    you have a lot of motivation to do this. but motivation will only last so long. Its the want/desire to be healthier/fitter that will help you reach your goals. I am not a cheerleader type of friend, but I will always help with suggestions and listening when/if you need to vent. Feel free to add me, if you think I can help you!!
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thanks I appriciate any new friends I can get
  • aprilLPN2015
    Options
    Add me! Minus the diagnosis I feel the same. Let's do this!
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    you have a lot of motivation to do this. but motivation will only last so long. Its the want/desire to be healthier/fitter that will help you reach your goals.

I've never really thought about it like that -- the desire to be fitter, not motivation. Maybe that's why after I do this for several months, I just stop. My motivation comes to an end, but I've never really internalized the desire.

Something to think about. Thanks for that. Cheers!

• thatswhatshesaiddd
    Options
    You can do this! Make your motivation about being a healthy person, and the pounds lost can just be the added bonus. Being an adult is the.actual.worst.