7 Day Challenge... Saturday to Saturday

Options
What would happen if I stayed under my calorie goal and exercised at least 30 minutes for 7 days straight? I need to see some movement on the scales so I'm going to find out!

Today I weighed in at 147.5 lbs. I suspect I had too much salt yesterday and since today is my "rest day" as I've worked out all week (WOOT!) so I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning then start the 7 day challenge and weigh in again next Saturday morning.

Anyone want to join me? If so, just comment and then weigh in tomorrow and work hard all week and weight again next Saturday. :)

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I will join your challenge.
  • humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I had a "fluff week" this past week because I had a cold/sinus infection and was juyst worn out... so now I really gotta get back into gear!! I am working an overnight tonight....will weigh in when I get home. Unless I get *no* sleep, then I will take a short nap and THEN weigh in ;o)
  • ricearoni86
    Options
    I'll do it! Lord knows I need to! And by the way...you're doing awesome--studies show that if you can do something for 2 weeks without lapsing that you'll make a firm habit of it. So congrats! Here's to a week of success!
  • jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    im in...
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    im in! plan on doing atleast 30 minutes moderate stationary bike riding on top of my daily things i do automatically (will also burn calories) :)
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I am in,
    I have been sick all week, so it will be nice to jump start the exercise.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a whirl :)
  • jyjin
    jyjin Posts: 3
    Options
    I love the idea of mini challenges like this one. It makes it seem a little less daunting :)
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I have friends to do this with! :) I'm so glad you all responded. :)

@jyjin, I like mini-challenges too...it does help make it less daunting.

So it's only a week...let's see what you've got! I'll be weighing in here publicly in the morning...you can too if you want or you can just weigh and keep it to yourself. I find if I weigh in publicly I feel more locked in...so tomorrow I shall post my weight. :)
  • biddysaurus
    Options
    Just weighed and I'm still 147.5...so that's my starting weight for the challenge.

Good luck to everyone! :) Can't wait to hear how you are doing!
  • ckh2069
    ckh2069 Posts: 5
    Options
    Im new to this website and am trying to start a behavior change (I have been a yo yo dieter for quite sometime now as evident by my weight) I weighed in this morning at 190- im totally in on this challenge- i think it helps to focus one day... one week at a time! good luck to everyone!
  • simkat
    simkat Posts: 72
    Options
    I have had a hard week and love this challenge idea to snap myself out of it! I'm in!

Starting weight = 201.4#

Here's to a great week!
  • biddysaurus
    Options
    Days 1 and 2 of challenge down! 5 more to go! How are you all doing?
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    I ended up working a 24 5p-5p (got home at 6:30 last night) So I weighed in this morning instead and will be 1 day behind you guys :o(

My starting is 145.2 as of this morning. I will weigh in again Sunday morning. :o)
  • simkat
    Options
    Hi, all!
    I've had the best two days I've had in a while. This is really helping me focus. Yay!!! :)
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    Ive worked my butt off for 2 hours a day the past 2 days. will probably only be able to do like...45 minutes tomorrow. But another 2 hours or so Wednesday. :o) I better see a good change this week!!
  • biddysaurus
    Options
    Hi, all!
    I've had the best two days I've had in a while. This is really helping me focus. Yay!!! :)

yay!!! I feel the same way. :)
  • simkat
    Options
    I have lost every day this week so far! Yes, I'm weighing every day right now to see the results. Yesterday, I was tempted to leave the day where it was, about 140cal over. I hopped on the treadmill for a 20min race walk and *boom* I was under my calories! That was the first time I had ever intentionally balanced it out and it paid off!

Here's to another 2 successful days!!!!
  • biddysaurus
    Options
    worked out and been under my calories everyday since Saturday so far! Yippie! Actually looking forward to weigh-in Saturday!
  • simkat
    Options
    It's Saturday! I wish I could say I had a "perfect" week. I didn't, but I'm happy to be back on track and overall, think I did pretty well.

Weight on 4/30 = 201.4#
    Weight on 5/7 = 199.2#
    Loss = 2.2#

I'll take it! Esp with TOM coming any moment. I still a long way to go, but I've already lost almost 40# and this really helped keep me on task with two very doable goals! Ready for another week of the same!!!