Body Wrap

Options
Hello
Have anyone tried doing a body wrap on there stomach to lose weight.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The wraps are a temporary fix at best - they don't make you lose weight, eating at a calorie deficit will do that. But if you want to lose some water weight before a big event they might be worth considering...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Save your money. Do a calorie deficit with exercise; it's free.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    they don't make you lose weight all they do is temporarily compact your skin to give the illusion. Cut your calories and exercise, shy of getting surgery there is no short cut.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Usually with those you have to drink your own freaking weight in water. So all you're really doing is losing water weight, which you can accomplish with just the water and not the wrap.
  • RunnerStephe
    Options
    Those have been around since the 70's After 40 years and they worked? Duh!! Buy the cheap shakes, with chemicals. I can make you lose weight
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    They only make you lose water weight and it is temporary. Save your money. I went to a wrap party with my friends and had one done. Yes, I lost an inch but it came back with a couple days. If you really want to wrap yourself and try it, save your money and buy hemorrhoid cream and plastic wrap. It accomplishes the same thing.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Have (sic) anyone tried doing a body wrap on there (sic) stomach to lose weight.
    So you're 20% of the way to your goal, have another 60 lb to go.
    You've made a good start. :smiley:
    Keep eating at a calorie deficit (500-1000 cal below what's needed to maintain your current weight) and exercising at least 30 minutes per day. :sweat_smile:
    That's what will produce lasting change, and that's what you want. Change your life for good.

"Most weight loss occurs because of decreased caloric intake.
    However, evidence shows the only way to maintain weight loss is to be engaged in regular physical activity."
    http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/physical_activity/index.html

Some things to read which might help you:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think

Goal setting, including weight, calories, and macros
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-08-setting-goals-667045

Eating higher protein & lower carbs leads to more weight loss
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-08-09-high-protein-diet-685553
    Try 45% carbs, 20% fat, 35% protein

Eat about half your calories for breakfast (see the last half of this post for the studies)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-06-10-some-studies-about-weight-loss-667818

Motivation & encouragement (explained in blog post)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MKEgal/view/2014-07-24-motivation-encouragement-680938

- Set small intermediate goals & celebrate every one.
    - Take measurements.
    - Take pictures.
    - Weigh yourself regularly.
    - Be flexible; forgive yourself.
    - Celebrate the non-scale victories (NSV's)
    - Don't give up!!!!
    - Don't make any food forbidden.
    - Eat real food; less processed is better.

51637601.png
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've done a wrap a few times and I saw results each time. It wasn't a sweat wrap, it was a cloth wrap that was infused with botanical ingredients. It was recommended to me to drink half my weight in OUNCES of water for 3 days after which is roughly 4 large glasses for me, (probably the amount I should be drinking on a daily basis anyway). It's a deep hydration wrap that tightens the skin and reduces cellulite- really popular among people with loose skin that they can't get rid of. The ones I did aren't supposed to be looked at as a "lazy quick fix" but more as a way to enhance a healthy lifestyle. Or maybe as a way to kickstart a healthy lifestyle. I mean heck, if you can loose 3 inches while doing nothing, wouldn't that motivate you to start a healthier lifestyle and/or workout routine to keep it off? Wish i could figure out how to post my before/after pics on here
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ashmx250 wrote: »
    I've done a wrap a few times and I saw results each time. It wasn't a sweat wrap, it was a cloth wrap that was infused with botanical ingredients. It was recommended to me to drink half my weight in OUNCES of water for 3 days after which is roughly 4 large glasses for me, (probably the amount I should be drinking on a daily basis anyway). It's a deep hydration wrap that tightens the skin and reduces cellulite- really popular among people with loose skin that they can't get rid of. The ones I did aren't supposed to be looked at as a "lazy quick fix" but more as a way to enhance a healthy lifestyle. Or maybe as a way to kickstart a healthy lifestyle. I mean heck, if you can loose 3 inches while doing nothing, wouldn't that motivate you to start a healthier lifestyle and/or workout routine to keep it off? Wish i could figure out how to post my before/after pics on here

A wrap is not tightening your skin, and it does not remove cellulite. I mean honestly, where do you think it's going? Adipose babies?

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can you cleanse toxins with a wrap? Are they the same toxins that you get from eating unclean food? And if oil pulling removes toxins from your mouth/throat, can you just add oil to your unclean food to cleanse the toxins? Or maybe wrap the food before you eat it?

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

You realize this is temporary, right?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If you would like to see before/after results from these wraps, here you go...

Before:

stock-footage-wallet-full-of-cash.jpg

After:

wallet_zps58623175.jpg
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Can you cleanse toxins with a wrap? Are they the same toxins that you get from eating unclean food? And if oil pulling removes toxins from your mouth/throat, can you just add oil to your unclean food to cleanse the toxins? Or maybe wrap the food before you eat it?

I like that. I like to wrap my food with wheat products. I haven't noticed it making the food skinny, but it sure tastes good.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Full medical review supporting the effectiveness of body wraps can be found Here
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    egypt_mummy.gif
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sorry, let me re-phrase. The wrap I tried improves skin texture (tightening and toning) and reduces the appearance of cellulite with it's deeply hydrating formula. Its like 13 x 21" and it's considered a cosmetic product so it doesn't claim to make you loose weight. Actually they're really not that pricey at all at around $15 each. Results last 2 - 6 months.
    Even loosing weight and gaining muscle can be considered "temporary" if you're not keeping up with a healthy lifestyle.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sorry, let me re-phrase. The wrap I tried improves skin texture (tightening and toning) and reduces the appearance of cellulite with it's deeply hydrating formula. Its like 13 x 21" and it's considered a cosmetic product so it doesn't claim to make you loose weight. Actually they're really not that pricey at all at around $15 each. Results last 2 - 6 months.
    Even loosing weight and gaining muscle can be considered "temporary" if you're not keeping up with a healthy lifestyle.

$15 dollars might feed your family for a week in the coming zombie apocalypse.
    Save your cash or spend it on something your family enjoys.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    A body wrap will make you sweat and shed water weight which could easily be done by drinking plenty of water, anyway. Save your money and eat at a calorie deficiency so you can burn the fat pounds away. The best thing you can do for yourself is invest in a food scale and a set of measuring cups.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Save your money. If these things worked, everyone would own one.