WHY AM I NOT GAINING WEIGHT!?

Options
so its been almost 3 weeks since I changed my macros, increased my fat and my carbs intake and I still the same, 45 kg at 1.65m (5´3) aprox. I lift heavy 4 days a week, and do abs for an hour twice a week, I don't even do cardio because I don't want to loose any weight. I look so skinny and I dont like it. Please if someone could see my diary and tell me what can I do. Thank you guys

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I know you mentioned changing your macros, but, did you change your calories? If so, how much are you eating over maintenance? :)
  • mikkielias
    mikkielias Posts: 21
    edited November 2014
    Options
    yes I did changed my calories, I was at 1450 three weeks ago, Im at 1750-1755 since then
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    mikkielias wrote: »
    yes I did changed my calories, I was at 1400 and now Im at 1750-1755

Okay. I did your calculations at a few different sites using a few different methods. In accordance with your activity level they all say it should take 1950-1960 calories a day to MAINTAIN your weight. To gain you need to eat more than this number. I'd suggest upping your cals to 1950+20%=2340.

Good luck!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Yepp eat more food
  • anachronicles
    anachronicles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. With the amount you workout all the calories you take in are being burned off. Lifting heavy weights is anaerobic exercise and the calories burn continues even after you finish your workout.

I have similar stats to you (a little shorter, and a little lighter though) and my recommended intake for a textbook bulk is 1800. So you should really be above that value.
  • karenkasbi
    karenkasbi Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    try eating a piece of cheesecake after your meal for two weeks :wink:
  • devenfuentes
    devenfuentes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Eat more like rainbowbow said. And by lifting heavy do you mean reps of like 5-8? # of Sets? for some people lifting heavy with low rep ranges can build good muscle but that's mostly for strength training. Most people have to hit rep ranges between 6-12 to build muscle. Good luck! Hope you accomplish your goals!
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you've maintained your weight over the last 3 weeks, bump your calories up 200 cal/day. Ideally, I shoot for gaining ~0.5 lb/week. If I'm not gaining after 2 weeks, I up my calories