200.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Finger for a finger. All equals out.
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the friendly advice lol I guess I'm really going overkill this time around because I'm so tired of being fat and this is the longest I've ever commited, a measly 5 days. But so far I've lost 5 pounds so what I'm doing is working! Thanks:)

Nah, we're just having fun with you; it's important to be as diligent and accurate as possible - at least within reason. The big question is where to draw that line. I liked the person who suggested you walk once around the house and call it even. :)
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty meticulous but that's a little crazy! Like if I'm making broccoli for my kiddos I might pop a tiny piece in my mouth, or I might taste something I'm making. If it's tiny, truly tiny, then you probably burned more calories making it than you ate, so let it go.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the friendly advice lol I guess I'm really going overkill this time around because I'm so tired of being fat and this is the longest I've ever commited, a measly 5 days. But so far I've lost 5 pounds so what I'm doing is working! Thanks:)

In 5 days it's mostly water weight. My weight was peeling off quickly too and after 18 pounds gone in 2 months I've only lost like 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks. It's a little discouraging, but I realize what part of that loss was, and that continued loss will not be nearly as fast. Spending it logging a finger lick of yogurt (2 or 3 grams at most) would wear thin on me very fast.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    :D:#
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    One finger lick: Don't bother.

Licking the *entire bowl* of chocolate cake batter, like I did this morning? Quick-add 100 calories, 'cause there's no way that it was anything less than that.

Cake batter is the >:) .
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Licking the *entire bowl* of chocolate cake batter, like I did this morning? Quick-add 100 calories, 'cause there's no way that it was anything less than that.

One thing for sure since I started counting cals I clean my plate like never before..lol

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    5g jam

Overestimating it

Log and move on
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    SO many funny finger licking thoughts! A good chuckle AND some good advice for the poster :-)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a crazy question, little things can add up. I would probably log it, just estimate as others have suggested.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It depends on the finger.

If index finger, sheesh, everyone knows the answer to that one and since you asked the question that would make you a troll.
    Thumb = two index fingers.
    If pinky finger = 1/2 index finger.
    Ringer finger = 0.954 index fingers
    If it was the middle finger, your naughty thoughts negated the calories and you get a pass.

Middle finger example below:
    tumblr_inline_moxklq0AnF1qz4rgp.gif
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Definitely crazy- chillax!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    If you are on day 5 of this "over the top" measuring behavior, I predict you will get burned out by day 10. Measure as accurately as you can within reason. If you feel you had too many "licks", a walk around the block should cover it.

Don't make this so complicated.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    If you are on day 5 of this "over the top" measuring behavior, I predict you will get burned out by day 10. Measure as accurately as you can within reason. If you feel you had too many "licks", a walk around the block should cover it.

Don't make this so complicated.

This times a million.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Just let the dog lick your finger...Or shove it in your spouse's mouth...lol
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

One thing for sure since I started counting cals I clean my plate like never before..lol

I have to stop myself from saying "I already logged this, I have to eat it!"
    No, no I don't.
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Teaspoon