Why is my weight fluctuating so much?

Options
I think I'm cracking up!!!

I weighed myself at the beginning of the week and I had finally broken the 10stone barrier. I have had another good week with food and exercise but when I weighed myself today I've apparently put on 1LB. AGHHHHHHHH!!!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    If your going up and down up and down. Take a really close look at how much salt and sugar your eating. ALso make sure your eating a ton of veggies and lean protein.
  • jammeldrum
    Options
    Its likely water weight or you're building muscle. Don't sweat it. You're measurements are a better indicator of your transformation.
    Stick to your plan and you'll get the results you're looking for. Keep up the good work!!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Meh, it can bounce back an forth quite a bit - Somehow I lost 1.6 pounds yesterday, but I dont remember burning off 5000 or so calories at any point, lol. Just make sure you're eating enough and that you're getting enough water.
  • mellissaL
    Options
    I have the same problem. I try to weigh myself at the same time and same day every week. I had an almost apparent 4lb loss than the next day and the next week realized it was totally off.
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I hate this! Mine fluctuates as well. It's all water retention from varying levels of sodium and fluid intake, as well as menstral cycle/hormone fluctuation, etc. Such a pain! Like someone else wrote, measurements are a better indicator, overall. Although if you have bloating (especially during or around that time of the month) your measurements could be slightly off around your mid-section. But not by that much of course. Hang in there!