HI I new to this site

Options
kthume03
kthume03 Posts: 15 Member
Hi I am new to this web site, but I am not new to dieting. I had a gastric sleeve done about a year ago and have lost 95 lbs. I still need to lose about 50 lbs, but am at a plateau in my weight loss. I know where the problem is. It is because I can not do the strength training that I need to. I had a cervical fusion done a month after the other surgery and I am not healing right from that surgery I take a tone of medications that mess with my mind and my metabolism. I have chronic pain and chronic migraines. I will eventually reach my goal but it is a work in progress.
The good news is that my head is full of usefull information on nutrition and fitness so if you have any questions feel free to ask, my husband is also into bodybuilding so his head is full of info as well. Im not sure if we have more books on nutrition and health or on religion I think it a pretty close call.
The other thing is that I am a really good listner so if you need someone to talk to or write to I am more than willing to listen. It is alot easier to tell someone things that you find embarresing that you do not know than to someone that you do know. I really want to stress that if you keep things bottled up you will not lose weight and if you are on this website I am sure that is your goal. Keeping things bottled up increases your stress levels which really makes you gain weight. SO DON'T DO IT. The other thing that you can do is to journal all your thoughts to get them out of your head. I went through a time when I had no one to talk to. I should have been commited to a psych ward and I am not joking on this when I was trying to set up the appt for talk therapy they could not get me in for four days and they wanted to send and ambulance for me for admission. I stated that there were a few people that would take responsability for me and they did, but i journaled and I wrote everthing I felt and thought. I wrote everything that was in my head for over a year and it truely helped. You need to release the stress somehow, so if there is no one to talk with write it out at least to get it out of your head.
May God be with you on your journey
Kelly

Replies

• mseab71
    mseab71 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly! I am happy for your weight loss so far and will be praying for your healing so you may continue on your journey! I would love to be your friend on MFP! I will send a request and if you want then you may accept! I think that this site has a lot to offer you and I think you have a lot to offer to others on this site! Good Luck!

Michelle
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I hope your recovery is going to be fast. Good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • segibb
    segibb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, l am also new to this site. I have had an on going struggle with weight loss, so l thought maybe if l have to log everything throughout the day it would help me stay on task, so far l have had good results. It is a day to day struggle but it is great to be able to talk to others and get support.

Stacy