I am on the pill and heard this can make you gain weight?

Options
I have been on Diane35ED for some time now. I have had many problems with my skin and this plus 2 bouts of roaccutane are the only things which have been able to clear it (mostly). I have heard that the pill can actually gain weight and since I started it I seemed to have gained quite some weight. I'm wondering if this will make it harder (or even impossible) to lose weight? HELP?

Replies

• michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been on many different forms of the pill and even the patch and NuvaRing, and I've never been able to attribute weight gain to any of them. In fact, all of my weight gain occurred when I was off all birth control!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am on Diane-35 (0.035mg)

I highly doubt that your weight gain is from the birth control pills. I haven't gained any weight while takin' these & if I did it was from bad eatin' choices & not excerisin'...!

Eatin' poorly & not excerisin' will cause the weight gain...:wink:
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    When I started taking birth control pills in when I could actually lose weight. I think the only form of birth control that can be attributed to weight gain is depo provera or the shot.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on individual chemistry. I've never been able to find a brand of BC that doesn't make me A) feel super crazy B) feel sick or C) gain a bit of weight.
    One of the above happened no matter what I tried. I think I'm weird though, I can't take vitamins either without throwing up.
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    I have gained 10lbs in the 2 months since I started taking the pill. I'm not going to blame the pill for all of the weight gain because I also started lifting and putting on more muscle. I did add a cup size to my chest (which is wonderful for me since I was a AA before). I take orthotricyclene though... and everyone's body will react differently to each type of pill depending on the amount of hormones in the pill and your body prior to starting the pill.

I don't mind the weight gain though because I feel a lot stronger now.
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Some of the pills can make you feel hungry. With that being said, you are still responisble for the choices you make when you feed your body. It is not impossible to lose weight while being on the pill, It just means that you have to be more conscious of your body. Choosign fruit over chips when looking for a snack, simple swaps will allow you to be successful.