• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My usual breakfast was:
    12 oz skim milk + Carnation instant breakfast powder + malted milk powder
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    1.5 T peanut butter
    1 banana

As I had to drop calories, I lost the mix-in powders, then I went to 1T PB.
    My more recent change is to replace the PB (on most days) with 2T lowfat cream cheese, and top it with 1t marmite. That still saves me 20 calories over the 1T PB.

I like the suggestions so far - hard boiled eggs, fruit, wraps, make-ahead muffins, yogurt, smoothies, cereal (hot & cold).

51637601.png
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a banana and greek yogurt before work every morning!
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm loving bircher muesli at the moment. Because it needs to soak overnight, you grab it out of the fridge and grab a spoon then eat! If I have the time and motivation, I chop up some fresh fruit which makes it even better (yogurt added to it is good too).
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Last week was egg/mushroom omelette, spread goat cheese, and sliced tomatoes wrapped up in a flat bread. All you need to do is pre-make the omelette and these lasts for days in the fridge! This week... I'm thinking about pre cooking some enchiladas or steamed meat buns. There's no such thing as "breakfast foods" for me. You can eat anything you want!
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I got one of those small single egg frying pans, Only takes 5 minutes to fry an egg toss into a whole wheat wrap with a slice of ham and mustard... Add a glass of milk and your good to go.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Porridge porridge porridge.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You can make eggs using a coffee cup and a microwave in about 2 minutes: http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/blogs/editor/2014/08/5-ways-to-make-egg-in-a-mug-in-90-seconds.html

But I just have a protein bar or a banana.
  • TheBlizz35
    TheBlizz35 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1/3 or 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 TB chopped walnuts - perfect combo of salty/sweet; smooth/crunchy.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Yeah - breakfast burritos. You can make em on a Sunday afternoon and wrap each in parchment paper and refrigerate them. Take one and put it in the microwave for 1 minute, then off you go. Unwrap and chow down on the drive. Bring a piece of fruit with you and chomp on that after the burrito is all gone.

So easy to make .... you need eggs, favorite cheese, milk or water, small burrito wraps of your choice, some sausage or bacon if you wish (already cooked works fine, or cook some up), some strips of bell pepper or ovacado if you wish. Spices of your choice besides some black pepper.

Mix the eggs with water or milk for scrambled eggs. Consider 1 egg per buritto. Cook up the eggs while you slice up some veggies for it. Let the eggs cool down while you heat up or cook the bacon or sausage, let them cool down while you grate some cheese. Figure on 1/2 ouce of cheese per buritto. .... Lay the burrito's out on a counter or cutting board. Spoon a portion of egg into each one, laying it in the center. Sprinkle some bacon or sausage over each egg mound, then lay some sliced veggies along side. Sprinkle some cheese over it all, sprinkle on some spices. Roll up by folding one end of the burito wrap over the middle, then the two sides get tucked in, then roll the buritto the rest of the way to seal up the insides. (if your burrito is too small to tuck the ends in, then don't like McDonalds doesn't tuck theirs in.) Cut up parchment paper off the roll just long enough to wrap the buritto into it. Lay the buritto on the paper, roll it up and twist the ends so that it stays shut. It will look like a big holiday popper. Stack em all together into a big baggie or on a plate and refrigerate until you are ready to eat one.

I made 6 eggs at a time so I have 6 burittos. You can figure out the macros for the recipe by putting your ingredient and measurements into MyFitnessPal Recipe Builder.
    Good luck.
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I like making yogurt parfaits for myself the night before. I portion out about 3/4 cup of low-fat plain greek yogurt into a container and add some frozen berries to it & stick it in the fridge. I also portion out 1/3 cup of Bear Naked's protein granola mix and put it in a zip lock bag. Then in the morning the fruit has thawed, I just grab the yogurt & granola and head to work. I also add a little but of honey or agave to the yogurt to give it a bit more sweetness.

My other choices are generally oatmeal, cereal, a banana or english muffin with a little bit of peanut butter.
  • bikergirlalex
    Options
    Ideas:

During the evening--right before you go to bed--make yourself a smoothie! Anything you want to toss in there, I love bananas, peanut butter, yogurt with skim milk and ice. Then in the morning you can just grab it and go!

Make some savory muffins those are always good! :)

Muesli is really tasty and a healthy alternative from cereal. I found some in Aldi for like $1.49 and it tasted amazing!

Or scramble an egg. If you put your pan on Heat 6, douse on some olive oil. Pour the beaten egg, and like it takes me about 2 minutes on each side to cook! :)

Hope i could help!